Tomiboieks8 Deck + enclosure designs are here!!!

The MTB decks all have 30/30 nose tail. You have a lot of truck choices. Big RKPs on adjustable base plates or channel trucks will work.

2 Likes

It’s a charge port. It came with a charger I bought secondhand, don’t have a link… pretty common port though afaik

2 Likes

Thanks @tomiboi
Great work :ok_hand:
Looking forward to finishing the build

11 Likes

I’m really happy with how that one turned out. Let me know how the flex works out for you.

7 Likes

Idea: what about an Odashi length/width board with more camber? Seems to be the hotness right now, don’t know who will come to market with it first. But I’ve been pleasantly surprised at just how much I love carving on the Odashi.

With bamboo and wood it’s impossible to create a deck with a lot of camber and concavity at the same time unfortunately. You have to choose one or the other. You can also have a little bit of both… but not a lot.

The only work around is to camber a portion of the deck using hour-glass concavity and/or putting a ridge in the center third of the deck. This is what I do on most of my longer decks. It’s almost a pseudo-camber and It can be really effective. That’s probably why carving the Odashi feels nice even though the deck has virtually no camber/rocker. There’s also that thick cf base-layer. It gives the deck a lot of energy.

3 Likes

Finally got around to doing a dry fit. Flex is perfect :ok_hand:

8 Likes

That’s a hot rod right there :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey folks! Thought I’d share a sneak-peak of an upcoming build I’m doing based off the Tomiboi 35" MTB deck!

TL;DR: you’re going to need wide trucks to run pneumatics on these decks!

My thought process was that if I reposition my RKP trucks far enough away from the center of the board, I should be able to lean without getting any wheel-bite. To achieve this, I reverse-mounted my trucks thanks to some Bowery Surf adjustable baseplates that allow for negative angles, so that I could still get an asymmetric split. I tried this with my 200mm Surf Rodz RKPs, and here are the results!

As you can see, even with 8" wheels, the adjustable baseplates stick down quite a bit, and I believe that with the enclosure on I’d have like 1cm of ground clearance :sweat_smile:

I also tried my special narrow Luna 290mm hangers (with the baseplates oriented normal), but those got some wheelbite with 6" wheels. So Luna 320mm it is!

Edit: actually, maybe I’m being too critical on the 290mm trucks. Guess I’ll reassemble the board with those and actually stand on it to check. Maybe I can make it work…

Edit 2: Nope, unless you’re used to riding Lacroix boards that don’t turn, 290 hangers are a no-go with this deck.

30 degrees though (so baseplate at 0) does work actually, so if someone likes a 30/30 split then go for it. I’m personally just gonna get the longer hangers though. Tried with an additional 15mm spacer and it makes all the difference.

P.S. These dual duck handles are really nice for carrying the board actually :thinking:

5 Likes

With the Luna 350s and Moon’s 15 degree baseplates you can run 8” tires on that deck. I like using the furthest trucks holes for that set-up.

2 Likes

I ran into the same problem with my BN270s. I grabbed a pair of Luna 350s that should work great.

2 Likes

I’m glad to hear that! Means all the 8" tires I bought recently won’t have been a waste of money :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Finally took a little flex test video. This is my 8 ply tomiboi MTB with fiberglass and carbon fiber. The flex is perfect for my speedy riding.

6 Likes

Nice. Stuck the landing :clap:

Why did you use the inner holes?

1 Like

Today I got to ride my 41.5 MTB deck.

It was sweet.

The construction on this deck seems really nice.
And the finish is beautiful and I looks epic in person.

I don’t feel like I am doing it justice with my set up. But I am going to work on that a bit.

I went with mounting my trucks on the outer holes.

I wonder if anyone has tried both?

I have seen a few set ups now with the inner holes being used.

10 Likes

For clearance with the doublestack enclosure

5 Likes

I’d like to report that I love my murder hornet.

Bn184 + 15mm of risers + 90mm wheels still gives wheelbite unfortunately. I’ll go up to 21mm of risers, or maybe even 24mm (1 inch).

3 Likes

1 Like