Tomiboieks8 Deck + enclosure designs are here!!!

The extra layer of fiberglass that I put on yours looks like it did the trick. Bouncy but not rubbery.

3 Likes

Got the Odashi up and running, it’s dubbed the DogeGT :laughing:

5 Likes

She lives! Just love how easily the @tomiboi stuff comes together. Now just to figure out the truck angles. Thing won’t turn at all right now…

Also a bit concerned about the motor cans making contact with the baseplate adjustment. I remember having this issue when I first started my Evo build and the angles had to be very specific. Hoping I don’t need new trucks.

9 Likes

Any suggestions for what truck angles to run on a tomiboi MTB? I believe it’s a 30 degree angle for each side on the deck

2 Likes

You want to make your rear drive trains kingpin at a roughly 20-30 degree angle for max stability and front like 40

1 Like

@haven now where have I seen a drivetrain that would be just about perfect for that deck? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Shameless plug

2 Likes

hey my boardnamics setup works just fine tyvm :sweat_smile:

in all seriousness I like metal gears… I beat my boards up a bit, don’t think POMs would last

3 Likes

POM for sure would not, the Oil Filled nylon in these will :smirk: this one been around for a while, 3Ds stopped making this particular GD in 2020 lol almost 3 years old? :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

1 Like

But yeah all you need is the adjustable bases from BN and you should be set :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’ve got the adj. baseplates thankfully, just need to try the angles you suggested. Should be ok for this deck?

I’m not sure how much adjustment there is in those bases, but I think they have enough to make it rideable atleast

1 Like

@haven WATH IS THIS FORE ?
ALIEXPRES LINK ?

The MTB decks all have 30/30 nose tail. You have a lot of truck choices. Big RKPs on adjustable base plates or channel trucks will work.

2 Likes

It’s a charge port. It came with a charger I bought secondhand, don’t have a link… pretty common port though afaik

2 Likes

Thanks @tomiboi
Great work :ok_hand:
Looking forward to finishing the build

11 Likes

I’m really happy with how that one turned out. Let me know how the flex works out for you.

7 Likes

Idea: what about an Odashi length/width board with more camber? Seems to be the hotness right now, don’t know who will come to market with it first. But I’ve been pleasantly surprised at just how much I love carving on the Odashi.

With bamboo and wood it’s impossible to create a deck with a lot of camber and concavity at the same time unfortunately. You have to choose one or the other. You can also have a little bit of both… but not a lot.

The only work around is to camber a portion of the deck using hour-glass concavity and/or putting a ridge in the center third of the deck. This is what I do on most of my longer decks. It’s almost a pseudo-camber and It can be really effective. That’s probably why carving the Odashi feels nice even though the deck has virtually no camber/rocker. There’s also that thick cf base-layer. It gives the deck a lot of energy.

3 Likes

Finally got around to doing a dry fit. Flex is perfect :ok_hand:

8 Likes

That’s a hot rod right there :sunglasses:

1 Like