Tomiboi Esk8's official sales thread: Products and projects

I’m all for more photos, but there’s also a few posted in the top of the thread.

@fujio001 up thread says price target of $100-125.

@tomiboi count me in for a set - I’m going to throw these on a set of @Skyart SKP 175s. Expect they’ll look something like this:

6 Likes

They would very much look like that :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I really don’t have any new photos. They are riding nicely tho. The retail price will be $125 for a set, but I’ll probably do a lower intro price.
One thing that I have to mention is that my Nylon/fiberglass rims haven’t become untrue like my super-expensive aluminum rims have. The ally rims were precision-grade until I rode them down one bumpy road. Now they’re all wobbly. Not so with my cheap plastic shit. They’re still as true as the day I put them on.

11 Likes

Siiick following, does anyone else makes tires like those XCELL RS ones?

Only meepo, but they’re not as flat as the Xcell rs. I’m riding 200x75 wheels on mine and I looooooooove it.

7 Likes

The 60t pulleys from Janux are $110 pulley per pair. Pretty pricy. Anyone know of a cheaper alternative?

1 Like

Is newbee Esk8 making some? I thought I saw some pics.

1 Like

He’s got 62t pulleys for $88 per set.

1 Like

I definitely need to get some injection molded. The price would be much lower.

2 Likes

The price of available MBS pulleys smaller than 72T is crazy. $20 on MBS and $44 on Newbee. It’s a piece of plastic.

Newbee’s might be aluminum.

3 Likes

They are. My bad.

1 Like

I think you won’t tell, but I still have to ask - which ones? xD

2 Likes

XCell rims.

1 Like

You sure that’s not just the tire moving around? They have the small barrel dia that doesn’t properly fit anything but evolve and his tires.

Powell-Peralta deck shape 277 / concave SP3

1 Like

The wobbles started when I had his tire on.

:grimacing: I’ve seen some really deformed looking beads on his tires.

Do you have a dial indicator? I’m really curious how the alu hub could be causing the wobbles, that it’s deforming or something?

I don’t have a dial indicator. I ride on really shitty roads all of the time. Aluminum rims + low-profile tires + shit roads = wobbly rims.
I’m sure the precision aluminum rims are great for the racetrack, but for everyday use, they probably aren’t the best choice.

5 Likes