tomiboi-Esk8 Ratcheting toe-clips are in stock!

Lol, putting the deck and build to the test there too :rofl:

2 Likes

Brutal!

3 Likes

Yup. :joy: The standing on the board and grunting while you hop across the floor seals the deal for me. :ok_hand:

4 Likes

If you mute it, you don’t get the full effect :joy:

3 Likes

If you mute it, it’s not worth buying :joy:
Mine also seems to want to take 999days to get to me. Hope not.

Thanks for grabbing a set! It should take far less than 999 days. I haven’t a clue why is says that.

1 Like

These look delicious @tomiboi !
Any chance you’ll be selling individual left or rights?

For street boards, I feel like I’d want one up front and not in back.

2 Likes

i’ll probably take a pair in 69 days
wait i need to drill new holes :confused:
mayhaps for science…
also, concerning the thrashing, ill give it a good toss for toast :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Very impressive! Nice work!

2 Likes

As soon as the presale is over, I plan on selling left and right separately. Additionally, individual parts will be available for repairs.

6 Likes

Thank you! I’ve been trolling your TKP thread. They look incredible!

3 Likes

When this snow melts your welcome to give em a ride with joker and I

3 Likes

That was definitely a better stress test than I was imagining could be done…

Yeah, these things are fucking great. If you’re able to make an adjustable plate for them, I don’t think we’ll ever have to worry about freeboard bindings again.

I guess I’m slightly worried about the spring… but what is the failure state for it? Binding just goes to wide open position at worst?

2 Likes

Yeah, I thought they would break. I’m kind of surprised myself. I think I might be able to design a base-plate that pivots. It’s kind of hard because the ratcheting mechanism is in the way, but It could still be possible.

The lock for the ratchet is pretty robust, but if it were to break, the toe-clip would pop all of the way open. The springs themselves are not likely to break. If they do, you’ll probably still be locked in place.

1 Like

Maybe @dani could give slight design advice if he’s cool with helping out competition :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m not competing
If someone needs a stress/structural advice I’m your man

1 Like

Right now, I think the problem is just making a base plate that pivots like the freeboard hooks. The ratcheting mechanism gets in the way rather severely in my design.

2 Likes

It’s fairly simple add on to the structure, if you need help hmu.

3 Likes

come to think of it
how will i mount the thingy doots with my wings :thinking:

science time i guess lmao
drill some holes, hope they don’t interfere with the wiring underneath :crazy_face:

2 Likes

It will probably all come together.
Here’s some recommendations that I have for mounting. Before I go and drill 1/4" holes for the clips, I just tack them in place with a small wood screw. Then I take them for a light ride to see if I like the position. After that I adjust and repeat until I get it dialed in. When I get the position just right, I drill the 1/4" holes, but I start with a small guide hole and work my way up to 1/4". Using the small wood screws to temporarily tack the clips in place helps you get the position right and you only leave small holes in the surface of your deck that mostly end up under the toe-clips anyhow. So you won’t even see them.

3 Likes