Thunder Boards: New Boosted or New Meh?

But if they are what they say there’s no way this board will be cheap
If it’s cheap it’s the proof the board is just another Chinese board.

1 Like

If it’s cheap then legitimacy of components come into question, I don’t think it is “just another china board”

What is your gauge for that anyway? What makes it a chinaboard besides reusing parts?

I think the “next boosted” needs to look legitimately cool, especially as a differentiator from the exways/wowgo/meepos

It also needs wayyyyyy better branding

hey what kinda board do you have?
thunder board

doesn’t hit like the way boosted sounds

2 Likes

It’s mostly the fact that they pretend to have spend years developping the board but it looks like another Bossted clone like lots of china brands have done before.

I guess so - I don’t know what the draw to the boosted design is, they didn’t say when I asked

There are still a lot of different things on this board and from what I’ve seen it has unique parts. However, won’t know till we see proper close ups - it’s all partly speculation right now

1 Like

Total speculation indeed, I’ll confess
But my spider sense is tingling :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Haha yeah much less cut-and-dry than the Zeus or Hurricane. However, this is a new company and it’s understandable that their first one wouldn’t be on the same level of innovation

1 Like

Here with a small update, @ThunderBoards has made an account here and I’ve been helping them try to figure out the forum a bit

Please welcome ThunderBoards into the community! They are working hard on getting the production setup ready for their upcoming presale. Hopefully, they will be able to spend some time here every once in a while to answer questions.

5 Likes

Hi , We have been developing our Custom VESC for this board. Some of our Prototypes do use the flipsky VESC, but the Production version will have our own ground up design Custom VESC with integrated bluetooth & reciever.

5 Likes

We Don’t " Weld our mounts on the Trucks " They are custom machined to fit the pulleys & the motor mounts.

2 Likes

Both the front & rear are using the Paris V3 trucks. The rear truck is custom Machined to fit our Motor mounts & pulleys. Even the motor mounts themselves are machined aluminum. The trucks have a flat D spot like the caliber to adapt to the motor mounts.

9 Likes

If the rear trucks are stock Paris V3 then you can’t use motor mounts unless you weld them on. Are you saying you machined a flat spot on the Paris V3 rear truck?

1 Like

paris v3 doesn’t have enough axle length to run pressfit pulley that has bearing, u guys use bolt on pulley?

3 Likes

There’s also a strange obsession with the general public about range.

Almost unanimously, the first two questions a random person has are always the same two:

• How fast does it go?
  • How far does it go?

The first question is just stupid. When you see someone’s new car, do you ask how fast it goes? That’s beyond idiotic.

The second question is because Range Anxiety is a very real thing, and IMHO the single biggest barrier to LEV adoption.

2 Likes

Hi @ThunderBoards

Few questions:

1. When more or less will the final production version be done?

2. Were the review units sent out to YouTuber folk, pre-production units with Flipsky ESCs?

3. When your own branded VESC-based ESC is complete and used in the boards, would you be willing to donate a passaround unit for people to test? I’m totally a famous YouTuber with a really nice camera and a drone and stuff. And so is Ryan. But he doesn’t have a drone yet. But his hair is excellent. So we can share.

14 Likes

I was waiting for this one

You missed the part about him being a weirdo :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Very true! I would think that this board will have enough for almost every kind of city commuter, even with only a 3p battery. I imagine the power draw won’t be insane

“45-60 days to delivery ish” is what I heard

Hard to say though because we’ve heard this from other people before and it’s been 3 months. Also, the presale has not started yet, I’m waiting on that, going to observe the socials and see how popular it gets

Possibly? Good question

Also good question, more non-breaking vesc is good

:smiley: :smiley:

I do need to get me a drone soon - I reached out to Thunderboards and encouraged them to make an account here after talking for a while, I should be getting a board as well when the production begins :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

yes

1 Like

No, we are using bearinged pulley, truck has the machined steps to fit the bearings

3 Likes
  1. Final Production will start shipping to customers after 45-60 days after collecting pre-orders.

2. Yes, the boards sent to fellow Youtubers had Flipsky VESC.

3. Yes we can donate one of our VESC’s to you guys once we enter mass production.

5 Likes