Motor mounts on round hangers = loose motor mounts

4 Likes

Jbweld enters the room

2 Likes

Lol back to the old days

@b264 when I talked to the designer he said “we made a unique mounting system”

I am very curious because yes, that’s the #1 Paris problem lol

2 Likes

That problem requires a welder, the heat from which predisposes the aluminum to cycle fatigue and cracking later.

Unless they are using a custom hanger with mounts cast onto it, but then it wouldn’t be a “Paris V3” as they claim.

2 Likes

Yeah idk, they say Paris v3, only thing I can think is some kind of weird compression fit - but Paris are not precision trucks so that would be difficult

Or of course there’s always the most likely option which I completely forgot about.

That only the front truck is a Paris V3.

3 Likes

Do you know if there’s a way to identify a genuine Paris truck? Non destructively

No, because as someone who likes motors on my skates, I stay as far away from round hangers as possible LOL

2 Likes

Best case scenario - it ends up being a genuine competitor to the BKB board.
Realistic scenario - it ends up being a slightly better, yet much more costly Boosted-clone.

I’m no expert, but this format of street-only flexideck board IMO doesn’t need that high performance specs to be fun. My 500 buck Wowgo 3X would go 40kmh, 20+km of range with genuine Paris front truck and fake Paris (to mount motors) in the back. It won’t be easy for Thunder if they reach Hurricane/Zeus pricing.

4 Likes

Definitely agree with your thoughts. It’s a big question mark as to what the price will be - it makes or breaks it

Yeah I came to say this, that’s where my money is

And almost exactly this, but I haven’t used one of those $500 boards so it would have just been conjecture. Beaten to it twice it seems

2 Likes

It won’t have a future if it will cost more than 1300$.
I would go with Eovan all day long.

2 Likes

Kinda agree with alot of the comments made already. If you are looking for the next “boosted”, you aren’t chasing performance or top shelf part.

Its gotta look like skateboard, easy to ride, reliable, fun to ride, affordable.
Mass appeal NOT enthusiast appeal.

IMO there are already quite a few strong offering in the market
Exway flex for example:

• Weight:7.7Kg
  • Top Speed:40Km/h
  • Range:27Km
  • Very smooth/intuitive acceleration
  • Belt drive

All for 700 bucks.

2 Likes

For what it’s worth the exway flex will never get anywhere near 27km of range. Backfire zealot is better value than the flex

6 Likes

Its also 150 usd more but thats not the point. The point is that “new boosted” had been done by quite a few companies.

Re Thunder boards the original topic

1600 - 1800 seems high
Mass market probably wont nip at the premium pricing for the added performance
Thus probably not gonna be the next “boosted”. Could be a good board (but 6.6vesc aka flipsky :face_vomiting:) but doubt it’d be the mass market success like boosted.

3 Likes

Again, still, the Zealot will never get near this range either

But they gotta nail the price

2 Likes

Theres also a strange obsession here with range…
A lot of people don’t care about the additional range.
More range = more weight
More range = more $$
There are tradeoffs to be made.

If you are using it as a daily driver using it to bridge the gap left by public transport, you don’t need that big of a battery, weight and size becomes a pretty big deal.

1 Like

I mean more range also means less sag, and I don’t personally think a 10s3p is a very heavy battery

This is compared to all of the 18650 batteries on most other boards of this form factor. I guess some people might not care that much about range but it’s one of the selling points

imo 10s3p is a perfect size for a small board actaully, I actaully been picking up a bunch of packs from BKB Duo Battery + Enclosure – Build Kit Boards, the comment is more directed toward the general MORE RANGE GOOD! mentality

1 Like

Lol tell that to the people building their 12s18p batteries and you’ll have a riot :rofl:

2 Likes