Thoughts on Flipsky VX1

Yeah thats the tricky part. It has to be spot on when you enable it.

Got a test remote of vx2, its not working correct with Unity, 1 motor spins wrong way(yes I tried change direction in focbox app) and telemetry dont work correct.

https://youtu.be/R0_NdzWyWDA

2 Likes

I’ve had that happen with my vx1 a few times when putting my board into reverse. Not using a unity though

Does anyone have an extra higher capacity lipo they would sell me? I saw a couple amazon listings came in multiples and don’t want to wait from china. I would greatly appreciate an 850-1000 mah that works in the VX1 since I just ordered my own!

I’ve own a few other and the vx1 is definitely my favorite lots of feature and the speed modes is very useful. The lowest green is perfect for cruising

3 Likes

Yeah its deffo my favorite remote I have used too.

Shame about the battery life but easily fixed

2 Likes

The 850Mah version is good. It shouldn’t cost anyone any more to get it either, just watch out for the crappy listings for the remote on ebay/amazon. I’ve seen some selling for 1 cent less but its the 250mah version with a shit ton of issues. Make sure to check the description before buying I suppose.

@mackann did you fix this issue?

I’m about to buy some vx2s

No, they will try to do a version for unity. But still not decided if they will release it.

I found a flipsky VX1 for VESC6 on ebay. Are you guys sure switching RX and TX wires will allow them to be used in Focbox Unity?

1 Like

I don’t know about useing it for the unity but all the receivers are the same the only difference is the wireing order so a v6 can work for a v4 if you switch the orientation.

does anyone know how long the “stock” battery lasts?
Would it last through a full 12s5p ride?
thx

2 Likes

Anyone know who sales just the receiver for the VX1? Mine went caput.
I contacted Flipsky a week ago with no response yet.

1 Like

Best remote I have used.
It’s the new standard for future Esk8 remotes.
It’s damn near perfect.

4 Likes

Which email do you have?

I got an answer but unfortunately they say they don’t sell it separately :frowning:

1 Like

solid remote but the throw is short :frowning: I wish the throw was like the exway. that remote is phenominal.

1 Like

Latest VX2 is very promising. Still testing but already my favourite.

2 Likes

There isn’t really a stock version.
If you bought off bang good, chances are you may have gotten fucked over and sent the 250Mah version which barely lasts, has a bad charging circuit and isn’t good.
If you order from flipsky or one of the normally priced ones, you’ll likely get the 500Mah stock which is okay but has a few issues.
The 850Mah is the current and best option, you can get it either by ordering the remotes for shop stock, buying from flipsky when they depleat the 500mah stock or modding in the cell yourself.

2 Likes

:point_up::point_up_2::point_up::point_up_2: :joy:

I also like the remote but not for boards with power. It felt good with 6364 motors on 8" with 1:4.3 gearing but I recently installed the VX1 on my MTB with 6384 motors and 1:6.25 gearing and it’s not funny. It feels like a “I wanna die” throttle curve with the short throw.

How is the throw compared to VX1?

2 Likes