Thoughts on Flipsky VX1

How come? I like it. But useless if you have a lot of stopping or curves. What i don’t like is enabling it, is a bit weird because if you accelerate and activate it, it continues to accelerate

I’ve got a vx2 on pre order so here’s hoping it’s good

1 Like

keep us posted!

I might be able to get a slightly early VX2 - fingers crossed.

The VX1 850Mah is excellent in my & my customer’s testing.
People really seem to like them, I miss the large throw of my old modded gt2b but its not by any means uncontrollable.

Just a PSA to anyone who dosen’t know - make sure you don’t buy the 250Mah version. It has connection issues and the charging circuit is shitty. The 500mah is incrementally better but there is a signifigantly better experience with the 850 (Or i think newer 500Mah have the same improvements but with less capacity)

I replaced the battery pack.

6 Likes

How much can they usually go without recharging?
I heard from some early posts above its usually 2-4 days?

(As reference, my non-telemetry meepo remote can go around a month before needing to recharge)

3 Likes

Same here l. I keep forgetting my meepo remotes run on batteries

4 Likes

Who are your customers?

I have European and UK Customers which I’ve primarily sold to either in person, via my small forum shop or on Ebay. I am already in the process of placing larger orders to open up my own shop though.

1 Like

If I remember to keep it off and ride an hour a day it’ll go a week or more - I suppose it does depend though. If you leave it on for a long time it does drain down quite quickly.

1 Like

I currently can’t get my vx1 to work. Its connected but nothing happens when i accelerate. Appears on both vescs. UART is enabled.

Did it not work out of a sudden? Or it never worked?
You connected it using UART? Have you tried PPM?
Did the receiver board light up?

Reload the firmware on the vesc, I had the same issue

All of the sudden basically. The receiver lights up and connects to the remote like it should but the throttle etc won’t work. Connected via UART but haven’t tried PPM because i have to remove it from the 3D printed casing first.

I’ll try ppm first and then reload the Firmware. Just don’t want to touch my vesc anymore after i got it to work via can bus after several hours of trying. Still don’t knoe how i did it.

Have you run the input wizard in the VESC tool app again? Does it detect the pulse length?

Wasn’t it like that UART won’t need programming via the input wizard?

I am not 100% sure because I did tried running my VX1 on UART once and if I am not mistaken, I did run the wizard :slight_smile:

But I am now running it via PPM so I can’t confirm…

So I got a response from Flipsky as well as the ebay seller I actually got it from. From Flispky I got the info that they don’t sell the receiver separately and the seller wanted a video of the defect. After sending that video they said they will replace the whole thing :slight_smile: Now I can try if the remote binds to two receivers :wink:

6 Likes

Doesn’t effectively regulate speed for me, just accelerates or decelerates as soon as enabled.