Thoughts on Flipsky VX1

It seems like quite a few people are having such the receivers breaking I think they need to come up with a solution to that

I find the throw just right. Really nice.

1 Like

oh snap, thanks.
Almost bought a bangood one cuz it looked the same :o

@BigBen this one [Flipskytech02@outlook.com]

Thanks for that answer. Wish they would. Its the 2nd one that went out and I don’t really want to buy the complete package again.
So I went back to my cheap reliable Nano v2.

Try 01 instead of 02?

I got the (negative) answer from flipsky-service[ät]outlook.com :wink:

If you’re in europe ya boi got the cheap hookup on the 850mah version :wink:
In the US best to order from flipsky and email to make sure you’re getting the latest one.

Edit oh I see your Canadian :smiley: I’d still ship one out there, might even be faster than flipsky 75 CAD Shipped if you’re interested (New in box sealed ofc)

They got back to me finally. And said they will sale me one.
I asked for a purchase order. So I’m waiting again.

2 Likes

My VX2 only starts throttle from when pushed halfway up…

I like the remote but that seems an issue to me?

Did you adjust the deadband?

1 Like

no i did not, used it like it came.
This is my first UART remote so i thought it would work straigth out of the box.

I’ll send you mine for 10$ + shipping

Almost forgot. Yeah uart usually just works. I switched to PPM shortly because i wanted the freedom to customize it. Not sure if the deadband setting is only compatible with ppm or if it works with uart too.

1 Like

That’s the black and white screen version?
I have 2, I now have the colour screen one which work brilliantly. There was a problem with it sometimes booting up reversed but that has now been addressed. The first black and white ones had the massive dead band. They have now addressed this also and given a brighter screen.
So there should be 2 versions available soon.
The cheaper one with a monochrome screen.
And the deluxe colour screen version.
The colour one also has the ability to swap between mph and kmh.
Remote battery life is also great too.

3 Likes

I messaged Grace to ask what she can do about this, i secretly hope they send a new one :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

If you can try the new monochrome one it would be a good test. The original one the screen was not viewable in the sunlight, the new one is supposedly much better.

2 Likes

Yeah can I take you up on that deal

I haven’t received my vx1 yet. Can someone measure the space inside it and see if this battery will fit inside?

It’s easy to install imo, requires a bit of soldering work to adapt the wires coming from my vescs however.
The battery life is a bit on the short side in my experience, since all the LED’s that indicate charge level, etc, are always on.
The range is about 10-20 feet with no obstructions, and the signal is strong enough when you’re on the board. Never had cut-outs, or funky behavior. A definite plus over the Nano.
Another plus over the Nano is, that you can see the remote charge level, as well as the board’s. I love this.
Overall, it feels much better in hand than the Nano, looking at both in retrospect. It’s also much more durable, build quality is much, much better than the cheap, brittle Nanos.

The only downside that I’ve found is, that the acceleration is slightly lower than it was on the Nano.
(I’m on a Kaly) If I floored the throttle on the Nano, in full speed mode, at a full charge, I’d be thrown off.
I can floor the Flipsky, also in full speed, and at a full charge. Both, the acceleration, and braking curves are different than what it was with the Nano.

I don’t ride in any other speed modes than the fastest one, so I don’t have much experience with those, the only thing I noticed is, that the brakes aren’t any softer in the slower modes. If you’re not used to that, you’ll learn to fly really quick :sweat_smile:

One good upgrade that you can make to the remote is to add a magnetic charging cable, so you won’t rip out the micro USB plug.

Tl;dr: Worth the money, better than Nanos, love it. 9/10.

1 Like