Thoughts on Flipsky VX1

I’m sure some people like more. I like a touchy remote.

1 Like

Yeah same here, I think mine is set to 3% which is just enough to not trigger without input

4 Likes

I think I have the same issue as you and In my case I believe it is due to a bad/worn potentiometer.

When I just start to pull the throttle slightly backwards, the output from my vx1 jumps around the interval 0 to -12% in vesctool.

I had to adjust the brake curve to exclude this unreliable range.

Forward throttle is ok but maximum value I can reach is 93% Also here I had to adjust the throttle curve to get 100%

Im on UART btw.

2 Likes

Interesting!

I’m about done charging so I’ll check it out in a moment here.

2 Likes

oh shit you know what I never updated the firmware on these

1 Like

you check the wires?

1 Like

ok I think part of the problem really is the play in the thumb wheel.

If I take it apart I wonder what I can do to reduce said play. Something with the spring I would assume.

just shaking the remote I can get like ±5% duty but with the defualt input deadband of 15% I have no idea how it was so sensitive before.

Seems to be ok now I’ll give it a test ride.

Thanks everyone!
looking forward to showing you the inside of my remote when it stop working completely!

1 Like

Yes the wires are checked and glued :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey guys, im having a problem with the remote. These lights are on, the remote is slightly vibrating, however it does not give a signal and does not want to turn on and off. Anyone knows how to fix this? I tried all in know and i cant find anything about this.

1 Like

Aaand he just stoppeddl doing it after 2 hours… Welp ok

2 Likes

Alright time to trust it with your life.

2 Likes

So mine is still lightly activating the brakes when I’m not touching the throttle.

@Fatglottis I’m kinda feeling like I might have this issue, because where I keep the throttle most of the time seems to be where the issue persists. Jam the throttle (a few times literally, oh I hate flimsy plastic remotes) and the problem doesn’t show ofc.

Unless this is another thing that happens when the wires are loose… still haven’t checked those.

At least I have another remote to test out now!

1 Like

I took a hard fall the other day and knocked the buzzer loose. Figured it was time to take a peek.

Pot wires are good, battery is a shit 500mah.

1 Like

I would resolder those wires and have them flush against the pcb. These wires seem to break off just by breathing at them) Put little glue to keep them in place).

You can play around with the settings in vesctool.

Either…

Set throttle curve to exponential and some -X% to ”Throttle brake expo” until the issue is not seen anymore.

Or…

You can change the values of the ”Pulselength center” a little if you are using PPM. By doing this you can move the center position slightly to avoid beeing in the zone where you have your problem. Perhaps you need to add some deadband afterwards or else you might have throttle when the stick is centered.

1 Like

I gave each a tiny tug and they looked ok so I already threw glue on both sides of them, on the PCB and the pot pins.

I used a tiny dab of glue to hold the pot in place instead of just the flimsy housing and now the thumbwheel seems more solid no chatter, so I will try to see if that alone improves the issue at all.

I decided to put a -13% curve on the throttle but forgot the change the brakes at all so I will do that after I do a first test.

Thanks for talking about this with me.

2 Likes

thanks yes i remember this feature but i don’t remember how to set up the continuous brake when power cut

UPDATE , the setting is named ‘‘timeout brake current’’

For this who might need it, Flipsky finally sells the receiver separately :+1:

3 Likes

Is there any way to pair a VX-1 to multiple receivers?

Just based on the pairing mechanism I don’t think so.

you put the remote in pairing mode and power on a receiver and it pairs with it. losing pairing from whatever else it had.

1 Like

I am having acceleration into regenerative breaking spikes and
the remote is losing the pairing after a few minutes when both the board and remote are off.
Here is the metr log for the first issue maybe it helps: https://metr.at/r/CUba5