Thoughts on Flipsky VX1

Almost. It started vibrating 3km from home but luckily i had my powerbank with me.

It also broke once after dropping it from 50cm height into dirt 22km from home. Positive wire came loose, soldered it back and it worked again.

1 Like

Only 50cm… into dirt?! That sucks… must’ve been really loose. Even shaking it would probably have done it.

1 Like

More like 60-65cm (just measured the distance ^^)

I resoldered all wires to be sure.

1 Like

How long did they take to arrive? is this the same link from @AngryTrucker?

1 Like

@Linny would you post the link of the 1000mah lipo?, any way to get the correct meassurements. Does it fit perfectly ot with some difficulty?

Fit is perfect.

Here ya go, fits fine and does not touch the sides of the casing.

Man i haven’t touched my VX1 for almost 2 months after testing the Mini remote :confused:

1 Like

Yea me neither, the VX1 is good for it’s battery indicator and speed modes etc but personally i don’t like the thumbwheel, throw is too little.

lol, the throw extreme between the vx1 and vx2 is bonkers.

1 Like

Have not held a VX2 yet, how much more are we talking? 1.5x? 2x?

2x.
I like the feel of the vx1 wheel better (they both feel like cheap, Chinese thumbwheels), but the vx2 definitely gives you a wider input range, which is nice on more powerful boards.

1 Like

I just switched to the VX2 from VX1 this weekend. I agree. I don’t prefer the longer throw on the brake side though. I have big hands, and was surprised how much reach it took for full pull lock to lock. I’m not sure that the screen is worthwhile to me. I haven’t figured out how to read it while cruising, but the indicator was easy to monitor on the VX1.

1 Like

Also, two rides on the VX1 and it was dying. 18 miles yesterday on the VX2 and I couldn’t tell it was used.

1 Like

The only thing I hate is that it’s in China, how long did it take to arrive to USA?, I rather buy it from a seller in USA

It took me a couple weeks to have it shipped to Singapore, but in the US i’d estimate 3 or 4 weeks?

1 Like

Ordered mine through Amazon Prime. HLG Tech was the company. They have a traditional website. Came two days later.

Sorry, was HGL Tech

2 Likes

Would you share the link?

HGLTECH Flipsky Electric Skate Board Longboard VX2 Colorful Screen 2.4G Wireless Remote Pro (for V4) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X22L266/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Npa0EbBPWR2DR

And just saw that they are out of vesc6 version. Maybe I got the last one last weekend.

Looks like it’s still available on their website hglrc.com