Thoughts on Flipsky VX1

It was working on the first section of my ride, it stopped working mid-ride :frowning_face:

1 Like

Maybe open your enclosure and check all connections. Did you try repairing the remote?

I haven’t open it up yet, perhaps I will do that later when I get home :+1:

1 Like

Running a Vx1 in UART with x2 flipsky 4.2. It’s essentially plug and play. Other than soldering the + power wire for voltage detection. Kind surprised they can’t do that from the board

I like it. Only prior experience was a hobbywing remote that came with my ownboard. It’s got a nice feel and good trigger resistance. The throttle wheel is a little small, it’s precise but the travel is short

Has anyone had issues with Unity roll to start and remote connection? I can’t seem to get the remote to connect if I turn on the Unity with roll to start. Not a huge deal but kinda annoying/potentially dangerous. PPM mode. I don’t think my mini remote had this issue.

Anyone here know this? He wants the part number for the potentiometer

2 Likes

me too, but not every time.

1 Like

Check your reciever. My servo connector was hitting my enclosure inside stressing the board (Rx) and breaking it internally causing disconnects till it died.

Thanks for your input. It seems to not want to connect when I roll to start and connect for the first time. Subsequent roll to start connections are fine. It connects flawlessly when I power it on via button every time. I’ll have to test it more later.

@Crashmaster I have never had a disconnect but thank you for your input.

1 Like

stumbled onto this on aliexpress
They’re selling them for $33! ($35 shipped)

3 Likes

sweeeet, buying just for extra receivers.

1 Like

Thanks for the link, also ordered a spare one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Battery life: Not the best.

Range from board: Pretty decent.

Cut outs: 2 so far (out of 200 rides)

Special features: cruise control (have never used it or been able to use it) tells you approx battery life of remote and board

Throttle: Very good, precise.

Size: Your normal remote size.

And speed modes: Yep it has 3 modes

I really liked the old nano but now have the vx1 , it’s not as asteticaly pleasing as the puck or the wand but yeah I like it

1 Like

@visnu777

While you get your Remote/Extra reciever you can Print this Reciever case i designed. Super sturdy compared to the weak 90 degree angle of the pcb :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile: I don’t use the connector at all, I desoldered it and soldered the ppm cables directly to the pcb so its just flat :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thats another way to do it ^^

Yes solder wires directly Don’t trust the ancient servo connectors that come with them especially when they are not supported by a case.
A little flexing on the connector with no support will cause a broken solder joint at the board causing disconnects.

Thanks for that link!

It’s cheaper there than in their website WTF

Almost everything of theirs can be had for less than the price on their website + shipping on good 'ol aliexpress. Look for their parent company’s name HGLRC.

This is what I got with one of their (Flipsky’s) newer receivers.
Google Photos

6 Likes

Is this the V6? I just ordered it, idk what the diff is between v4 an v6 lol