The White Blade | Landyachtz Switchblade 40” | 12s5p 30q | 6374 190kv | Flipsky 6.6 mini | Evolve supercarve trucks

Build background

My esk8 experience is based on hub motor boards with chinese esc so I never tried real belt-driven birds. The only belt-driven boards I ever tried were the evolve gt and the boosted stealth which as everybody here knows are nothing compared to torque heavy DIY boards. The build initially started as an evolve perfect clone but I just said to myself if I’m already paying this amount on the board, then I can get better parts than the evolve’s

Build aim
My aim is to have power to throw me off the board, range to out-range all mass-produced boards, ride without thinking where to charge the board and to have a unique board and to be as clean looking as it can possibly be

Specs:
Deck: Landyachtz Switchblade 40” 2018
Trucks: Evolve supercarve (already regretting buying them cuz they are too unstable)
Wheels: Evolve white ABEC 97mm
Motor mounts: Electricboardsolution Evolve 63mm Motor mounts
Motors: Eskate eu (maytech) 6374 190kv sealed
Pulleys: 14t Motor pulley 32t evolve wheels pulley (270 15mm belts)
Esc: Flipsky FSESC 6.6 mini
Switch: Flipsky Smart antispark switch
BMS: 13S 80A bms from Aliexpress (which proved to be astonishingly reliable as tested on another trampa build)
Remote: Flipsky VX1 (bought an extra 850mah battery for it)
Enclosure: Eboosted’s Switchblade enclosure
Battery: 12s5p 30q
Headlights: DSLR flashlight mounted with a 3D printed GoPro mount

Progress
So as i said the build is highly evolve themed so the parts started to arrive a bit by bit

but then after giving it a thought and as i always had wet dreams about owning a landyachtz switchblade 40" so i changed direction from there on

i never rode the switchblade so it was a first time experience and i have to tell u guys, it blew my tits off the moment i hopped on it and those curves man :drooling_face:

motors and mounts all installed

Changed the battery in the vx1 from the 350mah to 850mah so i dont think ill have to worry about charging it

My plan was to mount the light with the gopro mount but it didnt hold as u see so i downloaded 3d model and ill get it printed but i have to tell u, the light is BRIGHT

The last part was the beautiful enclosure from @eboosted

12s5p 30q built by a friend of mine

Everything mounted roughly to test if it works and it actually does turn on

So we started on drilling holes for the switch, we didnt drill a hole for the charging port as the charging port reaced the next day

I bench tested (more like lap tested XD) it and everything seems to work as it should and i was already shaking from the excitement

So we started mounting the enclosure to the deck and it went surprisingly fast but it was full of fear as i was scared that we were gonna ruin the deck by drilling a wrong hole/through the deck

Final touches and details

And the board was finally done so i immediately took it out for a spin with my friend so enjoy the pics…

I have to tell you, in comparison to evolve, boosted or any mass produced board, this thing is a ROCKET, it is so responsive and has more torque than i thought (i was scared that 14/32 2.28 gear ratio was not enough) and the speed is astonishing, and the deck is just on another level i have no idea why almost no one uses it

Costs
The post is already too long so im not gonna list every price but the whole thing costed about 1500€ give or take

Things i may change in the future:
Vx1 remote to vx2
Evolve trucks to Kahua trucks
I still have to buy an AT set so im open to recommendations

23 Likes

Gee man, enjoy that board!

2 Likes

That ended up amazing, yes a DIY with good parts is on a complete different level compared to an Evolve, Boosted or any mass produced boards in the market. The Switchblade is one of the most beautiful decks outthere, specialy if you had an Evolve, for some reason, if you owned an Evolve before, this deck catches your eye more than others. However, as time goes by, you start to look different styles, something that might not look good before could end up being your dream deck in te future.

BTW I saw your battery, I’m really not comfortable on how your friend built it, he didn’t use finsh paper between pgroups, so this represents a really big hazard, please add fish paper ASAP.

4 Likes

Good job! Does this deck have any flex?

1 Like

That’s exactly what I’m talking about, and for some reason people are too scared to just give other decks a try

I’ll ask him about it tomorrow cuz tbh I don’t understand a lot about how he built it but I’ll try to make him open it again and apply fish paper

You electrified your switchblade! I was drooling when you first shared pictures of it with the wheels. Great job, it looks stunning! :heart_eyes:

There are a ton of builds coming out soon with it; the enclosure for it came out only last summer. I’d have a build with it too by now if all my parts weren’t in a different country :sob:

Also, since you need a name, I recommend “The White Switch” :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks man, yea it actually does but just a slightly not too much

Yea man it was the best choice ever :heart_eyes:

Yea that sucks man, I was lucky enough to get everything done before went bad

That’s actually great but I think “The white blade” sounds better, yea I’ll just name it the white blade

1 Like

Do you have pictures of the enclosure mounted? what hardware did you use to mount it?

I just used normal Phillips head screws as a temporary solution (as the stores were closed today) but tomorrow I’ll have it installed with Allen screws and a washer
M4*16 with a washer

2 Likes

I suggest you use M5x25

2 Likes

Update:

Literally second ride on the board, it was a bit windy and I kissed the ground a bit too hard, luckily I had all my safety gear on so nothing bad really happened you can add 25-50€ to the total cost for new pants :joy:

I immediately contacted riptide and ordered a set of bushings to help reduce the speed wobbles and if it doesn’t work then I’ll just buy the Haggy trucks

1 Like

this thing looks awesome! just wondering though, what is the range you’re looking at?

Darn, I was hoping that if the truck + deck combo worked for you, I could do the same. Keep us updated if the new bushings help!

Thanks :pray:t2: I just finished a ride with some friends, we rode about 15km, I started out with 3/4 full and now it’s only 1/2 full so round about 50-60 km

1 Like

I hoped that too but unfortunately it’s not, I’ll wait for the bushings to reach, I’ll install them and update u

2 Likes

There you go buddy

1 Like

Update:

The range on this thing is crazy :heart_eyes: and the power is just unimaginable to the point that till now I didn’t have the balls to give it full throttle or came close to it’s full speed

4 Likes

Ditch the Evolve trucks, those Sidewinders are way too woobly for 50km/hr

2 Likes

/s

1 Like