(GER-EU) Custom battery packs and Evolve/mellow upgrades

is fish paper worth its weight in gold or why would it make sense to argue against it in this forum where everyone and their mother advises on using it ? i personally think every step that lessens the chance to send a customer to the hospital / set something on fire is a good one - however slim the chances might be

also youre selling those batteries not only to professionals but hobbyists, enclosures are cramped, vibrations are insane, just saying

2 Likes

So you’re building them or you’re outsourcing?

2 Likes

Batteries are one area where we’re super careful who sells through the forum.

3 Likes

We build them. From the raw cells to a full battery pack :slightly_smiling_face:.

So, if any of the balance wires wear through and make contact with the neutral will that be ok?

5 Likes

I assume you guys are building packs for use in some other arena, what area is that? I ask since you said this is your first build.

Why did you choose this cell specifically? The most common esk8 18650 cell is the Samsung 30q.

If you feel like people are coming down hard, its because they are but it is with reason. Almost every component commonly used in an esk8 build has been tested and vetted for performance and reliability. Battery packs are the exception since they are almost always either hand built or china sourced. Both options come with inherent issues. Also and unfortunately there is a history of sub-par battery packs making their way to market because the margin on battery packs is pretty good therefore attracting builders who are after the profit without delivering quality product.

People as asking about sharp nickel corners, fish paper, etc. because these things have proven to be important in battery packs for esk8. So maybe a little less push back and a little more documentation of build history & capabilities. With the current info in this thread, the fact that you guys are brand new here and the first thing you do it open shop, and that your 1st build is brand new there isnt a lot to inspire confidence.

5 Likes

I’ve been struggling to understand my unease, but this just summed it up for me. This feels a bit like you guys are rushing in without really building a solid foundation of experience and know-how.

Listening to the very experienced community and making changes based on their expert opinions would be a good first step towards developing a
quality reputation.

4 Likes

To clear some things up.

I’m building e-bike batteries for 5 years for a german company. I’ve started to build DIY packs /Evolve Upgrade packs in 2018. With every pack i’ve learned more about building a good battery. We are not selling anything to you people. We just wanted to give you information about THAT we’re building packs for money :slight_smile: .
I’ve seen poor battery builds with cheap cells and very bad welds and i’ve seen very good builds over the time. So our intention was to build good batteries for people who don’t have the experience or capacity to build one.

The discussion about using fish-paper or not or what cell to use is not the intention of this feed. The intention was literally the oppertunity for people to contact us for an upgrade or DIY-Battery, since i’m getting requests in the german forum. We just wanted to ask internationally if anyone’s interested.

To answer the question i’ve got
Why using Samsung 35E and not Samsung 30Q?
I’m using the 35E for the improvement of the capacity in the Evolve ecosystem. Since the 35E has the highest capacity for a 18650 cell. Furthermore the once asking for an upgrade want more range. Since Evolve using 35E themselves on the new GTR Models, the nearest the riders could get to that range is to use the same batteries Evolve uses.:slight_smile:

Way to sidestep any and all specific questions about the safety of your product. I see a bright future for you here.

4 Likes

Yes sure. if the negative from cell 10 makes contact to the negative off cell 1 you have no problems.

This lockdown is not good for me :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

we think we know it all and have no intention to listening to a well informed community, give us $$$

i dare say we have better battery builders around this place, and with that kind of attitude youre not gonna make it onto that list :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I think you are taking that statement a bit out of context and being a bit harsh on him

well building ebike batteries for 5 years and for that matter not listening to any concerns that are directed at him, its kind of hard not to offer my opinion this way :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

He is answering them

People are raising concerns And he is trying to explain his reasoning

Give him a chance though to explain his actions before whacking another vendor away when he could have potential

1 Like

well if im misinterpreting this one im sorry, but i dont seem to be the only one
and if that allready makes them leave, it really cant be helped :thinking:

3 Likes

I just don’t understand why some people are being so toxic. I mean i wasn’t writing like a a****** or something.

I’m still building e-bike packs for the company and it’s just the standard we’re following. Also I am listening to every concern anyone has. I can understand that some people want to be 180% sure about their/others pack. In my experience some of the additional securities (like fish-paper) weren’t necessary. I would totally agree if someone made a total different experience.

But while i’m reading all the messages i’ve kinda lost the motivation to keep on writing on this feed.

my concern is that ebikes are quite differend regarding the forces that are applied to the battery, so while everyone here who knows something about esk8 keeps saying fishpaper should be used, you still argue against it because - ebike

Its questions and concerns, not being toxic. When you reply with smart ass comments, that could be interpreted as toxic.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I mean, you are writing really contradictories messages here and it’s giving a bad impression.

2 Likes