The White Blade | Landyachtz Switchblade 40” | 12s5p 30q | 6374 190kv | Flipsky 6.6 mini | Evolve supercarve trucks

I’ve got evolve trucks on hummie deck with same motors… Changing stock bushings to riptide made a huge difference for me.

I’ve contacted them and they were amazing explaining exactly the set of bushings for evolve trucks for my needs with very detailed information.

I hope you will be amazed as I was when trying them the first time.

1 Like

I ordered the riptide bushing set for the evolve trucks and hopefully that gets me somewhere :man_shrugging:t2: If it is still too wobbly then I’ll change to haggys in the future

I already did exactly the same thing, just waiting for them to arrive :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Update: just burnt my anti spark switch in a super stupid way, the vx1 needed a positive lead to measure the battery voltage so me being stupid, I connected it to the positive lead going in to the switch, board turned on for 5 seconds and then went back off and till now is off and the switch isn’t working anymore, the switch heatsink is still warm but is not working at all. No worries the esc and everything else is working safe (I tried it with another battery. I ordered a maytech antispark switch and hopefully it is up to its name but the problem is that it doesn’t have a push to start feature :roll_eyes:

What an epicly sexy beast. Goes home and kicks his evolve GTX.

1 Like

Idk how people can ride those slow ass boards man, no torque no speed no range nothinggggg

Bushing update:

I bought the riptide bushing for the evolve trucks and had them on for a month now, and lemme tell u those things are litttttt. They are more carvy than the original bushings and super stable at high speeds. Hell they even helped me survive 3 speed wobbles without falling off the board. But I still don’t have the balls to go faster than 45 km/h

:thinking:

I don’t get why you’d buy a maytech antispark if the flipsky one was working fine till you did magic wiring with it. (They maytech ones aren’t reliable) I wasn’t aware actually that the flipsky VX1 got its battery voltage by directly measuring the pack; I thought it communicated with the vesc over UART to do that. I guess that’ll be quite useful for a build of mine where I don’t have that port free :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Because it’s the fastest option I can get my hands on as I have a trip around Germany next month so I can’t wait a month for the Flipsky one and I’m running short on money that’s why :sweat_smile:

nexusboards.co.uk stocks them though :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Switchblade is my all time favorite deck, especially the Hollowtech boards. Too bad they didn’t continue the Hollowtech Switchblades for 2021.
I’m using your board as inspiration for my new aspiring build - 12s4p Molicel P42, eboosted enclosure, 6374s… etc.
Great work my friend!

3 Likes

Yea man I fell in love with it as soon as I got on it and am falling in love more the more I ride it. Best choice u could go with :heart_eyes: :ok_hand:t2: I would recommend you to try and go with Kahua trucks with 6880 motors, sure the 6374 is moooooore than enough but if they fit might as well install the biggest it could hold :joy: And dont get the dkp trucks cuz they wobble like hell if u don’t have a nice bushing set

2 Likes

Seriously, my favorite part about them is that they are 10 inches wide throughout the whole deck, whereas my evo sloped from ten inches wide up front to about 9 inches in the back.
I’d like to get 6380s or 6384s but I’d really like to stick with Maytech and they only make 6374s.
Agreed, I can’t imagine riding a 12s board with 6374s and dkp trucks! You’re insane…
I think I’m gonna purchase the chief night and give it matching satin blue baseplates, have blue/black braiding… etc. Maybe give my enclosure some art too. Just ideas!

1 Like

No wheelbite? Im about to build something similar with maybe onsra trucks and 110mm tb wheels.

1 Like

Well done, bro. :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

2 Likes

Did this ever happen? Now that you’re selling it it’s even more important for the board not to be a fire hazzard

Yes sir wrapped it with fish paper and double plastic heat shrink

1 Like

Did you keep the DKP’s on or finally replace them with with Kahua’s ?

1 Like

Nah I was planning on doing another project with the Kahuas but money was a problem

The kahuas are still laying under my best I’m gonna sell them soon

1 Like

Save them for me - I would very much like them :wink: