The Urban Slayer | Surfrodz| Geardrive | 12s4p 40t | Dual 6374 | Flipsky 6.6 |

Since the flexi bms is still not out, and I went against using the Neptune, I went with the opposite, cheapest smallest 12s bms from my Street Slayer, wich for now will be charged without a bms. As for now, I will test the balance after charging and if approved will leave the little guy until something comes up.

3 Likes

That is a lovely build. I love the enclosure bolts. link please. (apologies if you already posted it)

I’m too lazy to scroll up.

Here you go:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=10Pcs+M6+x+20+Universal+Aluminum+Fender+Washer%2F+Bolt+Engine+Car+Auto+Accessory&_sacat=0

1 Like

9 Likes

Love the shape of that board. Do you think forward facing motors on the rear would work with 97mm wheels? Also, once you mount the rear truck, do you think there will be much of a kicktail? I kicktail is a must for me. Build looks great. Thanks.

Well it all depends on the motor mount setup, it would work, but the clearance would be pretty bad, I would only mount in the rear. The deck has zero kicktail.

Now as for the build, my old Slayer started to make too many crackink noises while going over bumbs and such, so I have put in an all nighter and…

Running 60-50-40-15 motor amps, and it’s hella great, but the tyres are chiping fairly fast. Don’t have a working push to start, so running an xt spark key. Evolve sent me wrong tubes and I’m still waiting for some skate stuff from sickboards. Got the makers remote hooked up, but because of latency issues I’m back to the old and trusty maytech remote.

7 Likes

The impossible combination of 3 great things…

7 Likes

This has been on my mind since you posted :arrow_up: Have you figured something out?

Btw, it would be pretty sweet if Dickyho 150mm tubes would work with Evolve 150mm tyres.

@BearHere I can either change my motors to <6369, use a fixed baseplate or run insanely low motor clearance, I would actually file the baseplate if it would work with removing less material than needed to work…the only logical solution would be the regular baseplate mounted regularly, but I’m not sure how the board will level out. I have something like a week to figure things out. I’ll buy some of his tubes to test, evolve ones look way thiner, but shouldn’t matter for a tube.

1 Like

So I figured out the bolts for the adjustable baseplates and got some red spacers, running it in this hybrid AT mode for now. Sold the TB 6380 motors and got 2 maytech ones, being 69mm in length the should just just fit. No push to start, but looking at the Flipsky one. Also at the Vx1 remote for now. Should be running things pretty soon I hope.

4 Likes

4 day Shipping from China to center Europe, hey there handsome!

4 Likes

It’s going to be a long night…

7 Likes

F**k me, I never thought a builds completion could be post poned for 24h just because of the lack of USB cable to do the motor detection :smile:

So everything is loctited, wires are done, gear mesh is sort of there…so these drives will really be sort of a “test” unit, the gears do have a small offset to them, so the mesh is not constant all around, also the case has only 3 bolts holding it to the hanger adapter, and one extra hole…so yeah, she should be test riden tomorrow I hope, but I already have a bunch of ideas regarding charging situation, remote, lights and push to start.

11 Likes

8 Likes

What is happening with the clearance? :scream:

You are literally plowing the earth using the motors… in sand…

14 Likes

This is the only possible position to have them in the back and do not touch the baseplate, It’s really not as bad as it looks tbh, same clearance I had with Gummies. But 160mmm tyres are in my mind, will see how it all wears over time and maybe a regular baseplate will happen aside with gear swap.

2 Likes

It looks like it’s less than 1CM. Any reasons to use the adjustable baseplate and sacrifice everything(especially motors) instead of finding solution for that later? :confused:

3 Likes

That clearance is gnarly, it reminds me of the slammed import car trend. It looks sick untill you run over a rock. Your slayer boards have been inspiring to me btw, great work you’ve done.

2 Likes

It’s around an inch to be exact, so would be around 32mm with different tyres, and 30+ is not that bad, this an Urban board, not an off-road vehicle. I went against regular baseplate because of an odd height difference (I did tried it) and it would mess up my lights and charging plans, and it just wouldn’t look as clean, Wich well is also important and I really don’t mind buying a new motor if anything. (Battle hardening in mind)

1 Like

I don’t understand why are people nitpicking at the clearance? Maybe he wanted a moon rover. :smiley:

2 Likes