The Urban Slayer | Surfrodz| Geardrive | 12s4p 40t | Dual 6374 | Flipsky 6.6 |

I’m 100% certain it is the magnet, motor hited the edge of a small sidewalk, so…will be taking apart back end later today and ask for some help from you guys…

I would recommend longer trucks so the motors clear the baseplate, or get 6355s. Ground clearance is everything, unless you dont mind scrapes upon every slope incline or if your motors are battle hardened

1 Like

And we have a winner. I got fairly sad after opening the motors and seeing they’re actually well made from the inside.
So I usually go with my gut while building, but now I would like to discuss a few possible options with you guys.
These geardrives don’t give a lot of options for angles if you are running drop through. Longer motors than 69mm would hit the bushing washer.

69mm motors would hit the baseplate.

I can’t just swap this motor to a new one and call it day, it would be a very temporary solution.
Now I’m thinking what could I do.

Most simple one, 160 tyres and same motor with hopes that that extra 5mm would be just just enough.
Still expensive though and not guaranteed.

Buy some alien or whatever 6364-55 motors in Really low kv, put a 13t pinion (gives +3mm length) and I could raise those suckers up without hitting anything.
My first goal was 6380 motors, not really Keen on going smaller than now…

TKP trucks, I would need a new motor and baseplates, but those would give all the clearance in the back.
Kinda expensive, not sure on tkp trucks, the board would lenghten up, Wich is already kinda long.

Now a few more extreme options would giving a lot of money to 3d servisas full kit…
Now I kinda like SR trucks and those are going on all of my other boards and I would not like to change the brand, also this is a highly expensive option, a more extreme one would be to put the strongest direct drive for AT, now I’m not really sure who makes one, but I do Like the idea.
Now the most extreme solution would be to sell this board and buy a Lonestar.

So who would like to give some thought on this?

Edit @Linny where are no longer surfrodz as far as I’m aware…

2 Likes

In that case, low kv 6355s would be a good option. How far up can the gear drive go before touching the deck or baseplate? Assuming theres no problem with motor clearance

For a hummie, basically no limitations for a gear drives case, only the motor length is a factor.

Shoot – I was planning to use 6880 motors with the same truck setup. I think both you and I are in need of this:

This would move the truck clamp / motor mount plate a cm or so further out on each side.

You cant move the motors inwards? If not maybe change the angle of your hammocks and see if maybe you can move them upwards, however that would mean a different riding feel i guess.

It does seem a viable option, O wonder how compatable they are to the actual drive, they would give what 10-15mm on each side?

1 Like

@Bavioze yes, back angle, sr trucks and moons drive are the things that I don’t wanna be changing.

Oh ill keep thinking about it then. :smiley: if this peabrain thinks of something ill let you know.

Maybe put another washer in between the axles, that seems to give enough space?
Nevermind that.

I cant move the spacing of the actual drives, the adapters for them have to on hangers end and bolted.
Is where a decent direct drive for AT wheels in the market these days?

I have no idea actually. I think moon was working on a triple gear drive too from what i saw. Can be interesting to increase the angle of your motors.

Or buy extended SR trucks from @3DServisas?

Extended surfrodz trucks?

1 Like

Dude, your guts are nuts! Ballsy choice.

1 Like

Hey, where can I buy that enclousure?

Good luck with your project!

It’s a single stack by @BigBen and it was wraped by @Sender

Ok, so for me it’s all about getting back on the road as soon as possible, and the cheapest option right here right now would be 6355 motors.

I only see two options:

Alien in 130kv, stated as 2200w, these are cheap and I can get them fast, kinda a no brainer, but they are not sealed.

Maytech sealed 6355 motors in 170kv, not so cheap, stated as 3510w max.

What would you suggest, an overall better motor but higher KV, or a cheap one, beeing a weaker one, but with a fairly good KV?

@dickyho sells so pretty good budget motors.

The one I got works really well.

1 Like