The RedComet | RE Northcamp | 21s6p | 2x MakerX D100 | 4x 6355 [RETIRED]

Checking the wheel balance, seems good to go. Peace of mind to go push it harder. Might drop the front truck to mid holes, or keep trying to get used to the looseness and build up experience.

11 Likes

The little touches.

13 Likes

After the fact cable sleeving:

10 Likes

Does this cable sleeving come in other colors? Link?

1 Like

The one I got only had this black and white. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07FWH17MD?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

If you use cable sleeves before connecting everything, should be able to find more colors.

4 Likes

Did a range test today cause none of the online calcs were giving me the true answer for my 4wd setup.

Was mostly cruising so, ended up being about 39 miles of range. Had to walk the last two home lol.

8 Likes

TWO MILES of dragging a board? oh GODDDDd

The furthest I’ve had to go was 1.3

3 Likes

I was kicking and riding it manually hoping to regen some lol. Didn’t much.

1 Like

@sugandese here ya go, hope you enjoy :blush:

I never did get to a write up of the electronics so, here’s some more photos:

6 Likes

Ahh been admiring this thing for a while, such a weapon of a build man. How are you finding the 4wd? Do you run equal power to each corner?

2 Likes

Thanks! 4wd is awesome, the torque difference is simply amazing, and all 4 being open gear it just screams. I don’t have a 2wd nearly capable of the same torque so it’s hard to compare in that regard. But I really like that I can run 4 small 6355s and still punch really hard.

Haven’t experimented with sending different amounts of power to each corner. I have wanted to try and experiment with going 2wd mid range (so set duty cycle to zero in the front) to see one) how much more range I gain, and two) how much I can regen by doing that. More of a curiosity kind of thing.

3 Likes

And for a 4wd board I’m still extremely pleased with the range I’m getting, that was unexpected. I don’t know exactly what it is about my setup.

2 Likes

I just got my reacher 55’s in the mail today, I was surprised how light they are.

Main reason Ive gone 4wd is for the sharp turns and braking in t-race. Have you experienced any understeer from the front wheels spinning out of tight corners? I’ll have 85’s at the back so will already have a power bias to the rear but Ive wondered about playing with throttle ramping or curves as well.

Have you done the t-race? Looks like the perfect board for it.

3 Likes

I’ve just been getting used to the board so don’t think I’ve pushed it hard enough yet to experience any under steer. I would definitely recommend in general to play with the throttle curve. I’ve definitely messed with mine to be punchy both ways. I also want to mess with those new values @Tony_Stark mentioned recently for FOC.

I’ll definitely try t-race, but I need to find a spot to do it, get a timer, and some cones.

5 Likes

Here’s some ear candy for y’all.

2wd boardnamics 5.5 straight cuts (my only board at the moment) vs 4x4 SRB open gear straight cuts

11 Likes

Just when I think I’ll be happy with my build for 5 minutes someone makes me realise I need to spend more money.

6 Likes

It’s the circle of esk8 life lol.

Wait what do you want now?

3 Likes

I’ll get the 3 links too eventually, just keen to see how well I can do on that leaderboard without them first.

3 Likes

Myself and some locals actually prefer the boardnamics straight cut sound on my raceboard, they really do sound nice

2 Likes

If I was going to be commuting on a board, I would probably choose the BN straight cut noise level over the SRB open gears. They are loud enough that people know you are coming but not loud enough to annoy me with a full face on.

That being said, the aggressive growl of the SRB gears puts a big smile on my face every time I hit the throttle.

1 Like