The RedComet | RE Northcamp | 21s6p | 2x MakerX D100 | 4x 6355 [RETIRED]

Should the AH read a max of 25.2?

2 Likes

Ah yeah I haven’t setup those numbers in the settings yet.

1 Like

Printed an ESC tray. Think I got the idea from @Cyanoacrylate

7 Likes

CAN cable with shielding done so, powered everything up and went smoothly.

8 Likes

We getting lowwwww

But in order to do so, I had to widen the hole a bit on both sides.

9 Likes

This is shaping up real nice!

1 Like

:pray: thanks dude! Can’t wait to actually ride this thing, getting sooo close I can taste it. Will spin up motors soon.

1 Like

Ah - lowering the trucks is one of the next steps on my build

Looking good

Nice. Yeah the ability to do so on a non drop through deck is pretty fucking sweet. You going to go all the way through the deck on the 44 or leave some?

I’m not decided yet. I personally like the look of it without holes but I don’t mind going all the way through either

1 Like

Yeah, you could always leave like 2mm behind and decide later. I suppose the benefit of going through is you could drop it even more if possible.

1 Like

Yeah haha idk if I would run out of clearance before that or what but I like the idea of leaving a thin layer

2 Likes

Aesthetic

1 Like

Sighs

Had an issue with first can cable I made so I made a new one, and now can see all 4 ESCs. Got all 4 motors detected and spinning, but hitting over voltage for one ESC. So, will need to investigate.

8 Likes

Yoooo updates!

Gasket: :white_check_mark:
Enclosure: :white_check_mark:
Motor pinions: :white_check_mark:
No more over voltage::white_check_mark:

So, before the maiden voyage/shake down run we need to loctite it up and pick up some washers. The screws that hold the motor to the bracket are just big enough for the screw slots. Makes me feel uneasy so going to get some washers. Also, need to pray the weather holds, looks like rains in the forecast :pray:.

After that there are really just a few cosmetic touches. One of which is printing a cap for the charge port, thanks @andoug.

12 Likes

So close!! Look forward to seeing what u can do on this beast!

1 Like

looks so sweet! how do you like the 3 links?

2 Likes

3Links really are sweet. They’re nimble as hell and pretty stable when setup properly. I gotta be careful snapping out carves, feels like I can whip out of control.

3 Likes

Boooooysss (and girls). Maiden voyage donnne and man I have a huge grin after that. It’s definitely going to take some getting used to.

The numbers are not quite right because I put 155mm for the wheels when the BRPs are 150mm. Speaking of which they were much harsher than I anticipated, not sure why I thought they wouldn’t be. I need to gain more confidence with the board before I can hit those higher numbers. But man she pulls and there’s a lot of performance left untapped.

I also have to get used to riding a stiff board again been a minute, I can feel everything. But I can also feel the gears through my feet which is rad aaaaaand man they’re loud, love it!

This is probably one of the few time where I felt my shoes and socks were holding me back. Felt like I was slipping around and didn’t have enough control. I also want to put the street wheels on so as to not put too much wear on the BRPs.

Definitely stoked, now to just put in more hours on the thing.

12 Likes

Checking the wheel balance, seems good to go. Peace of mind to go push it harder. Might drop the front truck to mid holes, or keep trying to get used to the looseness and build up experience.

11 Likes