The RedComet | RE Northcamp | 21s6p | 2x MakerX D100 | 4x 6355 [RETIRED]

Not the best on the v1 either.

1 Like

The semendeed at full length is probably comparable to the northcamp for wheelbase.

Mine was chopped down to like 42 inches i think. Full length is like 46.5

4 Likes

Alright party people made some cosmetic updates that can be seen above, and I guess @Shadowfax already revealed it in his thread so updating the title to reflect that bit.

Forgot the battery shot:

7 Likes

Alright ladies and gents, if you’re following at home then I have an update.

Just finished the grip and you can read the details above, otherwise here’s where I landed:

Next up I got some @Tony_Stark Radium adapters that came in so I can start cutting some motor shafts and mock those up. Otherwise, it’s time for the battery :partying_face::grimacing: all 21s6p of it.

9 Likes

That is real nice! This thing is going to be insane at 21s too!!

1 Like

Ty Ty. Too bad most of that front is going to be covered by a binding lol. Needed a pic before that happens. :laughing:

1 Like

Preview:

8 Likes

This is so good dude!!!

1 Like

Greetings :vulcan_salute:, man work has been super stressful so not a whole lotta progress. Welded up the battery a while ago but haven’t made the connections. Going LLT BMS as it’s familiar and I have room, but it hasn’t arrived yet anyways so, that’s been partially my excuse waiting on @Skyart. Once it arrives and is all done will give the battery a proper section above, but for now a couple pics:

Did get the enclosure on using the @Linny method (guess that’s what we dubbed it) as suggested by Dremel Evan (@Shadowfax). Yay small wins.

Also, cut the motor shafts to length and sent off the motor pinions to Phil who graciously is helping make a keyway for Evan and I.

Motor pinion photo courtesy of @Savage1

I’m pulling the front 3Link truck off and throwing it on my cruiser to finally give it a test go. Excited to see how it handles. Also, sending my red Luna front truck to @haven hope it gets you going sooner buddy.

Next up I’ll eventually finish the battery, mount electronics (i.e. power button, loop key), and whatever else I happen to find time to do. Outttt.

7 Likes

Your BMS is actually here :fire::fire: just waiting on charger but I can yeet the BMS on over

3 Likes

Haha no worries I can wait (excuses lol), thanks though!

This build is looking insane, good job so far!

2 Likes

Let’s some more pictures dude!!!

It’s not in a state for photos but just for you lol

15 Likes

That red accent on the deck edge is :fire: :fire: :fire:

5 Likes

Ughhh, was hoping battery would be done, but hit a setback.

Not what you want to see after weeks of work.

2 Likes

Went through everything with the multimeter and everything on the battery and harness looked good (voltages reading 4.1 for all). Turns out if the B- port of the BMS isn’t connected that first cell won’t read correctly… huh. Guess I’ve never looked at the app when only the harness is connected before. So, should be good :face_exhaling:

2 Likes

Alright, alright, alright finished the battery and everything is copacetic now. As always details at the top.

Probably fit in the ESCs and connectors next. But might take a break and just get in some riding days rather than building.

6 Likes

What size battery did you build?

2 Likes

Went for 21s6p

6 Likes