The RedComet | RE Northcamp | 21s6p | 2x MakerX D100 | 4x 6355 [RETIRED]

Just when I think Iā€™ll be happy with my build for 5 minutes someone makes me realise I need to spend more money.

6 Likes

Itā€™s the circle of esk8 life lol.

Wait what do you want now?

3 Likes

Iā€™ll get the 3 links too eventually, just keen to see how well I can do on that leaderboard without them first.

3 Likes

Myself and some locals actually prefer the boardnamics straight cut sound on my raceboard, they really do sound nice

2 Likes

If I was going to be commuting on a board, I would probably choose the BN straight cut noise level over the SRB open gears. They are loud enough that people know you are coming but not loud enough to annoy me with a full face on.

That being said, the aggressive growl of the SRB gears puts a big smile on my face every time I hit the throttle.

1 Like

:100:

@sugandese the new RS tires are superb. I think the Meepos look beefier and have a wider contact patch so, when installing I was like hmm kind of prefer the old look with Meeposā€¦

But when I rode, man thereā€™s a world of difference. First theyā€™re not as comfortable and ride harsher, but not a deal breaker for me. They almossst roll like thane, closest you can get? And my board is already stiff so Iā€™m already feeling all the bumps.

At speed is where the biggest difference comes in. The Meepos are not bad in terms of balance, but today I confirmed the tires would cause vibrations at high speeds. I used to think it was just my clothes or something flapping in the wind. So I always felt uneasy pushing any further. Today I felt way more comfortable and there were no vibrations. The RS tire claim to be speed rated up to 50/80 mph/kph, and come with instructions on how to further balance so maybe thatā€™s why.

Other notes, the Meepos donā€™t seem to be truly 165 mm. Both claim to be 165mm, but Meepo is obviously a bit larger. I measured the RS they do seem to be 165 as they claim. Anyone else ever actually measure the Meepos?

Also found it interesting you have to go up to 60psi first then back it down to 30-32 recommended psi for flat profile. Here is the tire when first hitting just 30psi:

@Sk8tedad if you donā€™t mind the price and can get a hold of these, I really think you should try them out, I also have some TomiBoi hubs you can throw them on.

4 Likes

Also the pic with the level, thatā€™s the Meepo deflated and RS inflated so, inflated Meepo would be an even bigger difference in size

2 Likes

@JeffyJ @poastoast having racebox woes. Used it today and now itā€™s stuck on, canā€™t connect anymore. Have reached out to support. :confused:

Yeah Iā€™ve had the same impression of the meepos for sure. The ones on my tomiboi set vibrate like hell yet theyā€™re super smooth the meepo cyclone wheels. Iā€™ve heard the original rs tyres are super stiff too and they actually skip as they break traction. Howā€™s the grip?

1 Like

The grip is great the compound is very soft and tacky and heat up quickly. But honestly I didnā€™t have a lot to complain about in terms of Meepos grip either. They both burnout if I try to accelerate too hard lol. Maybe someone else will think differently, those who push even harder. I didnā€™t experience any skipping.

This is very interesting since mine are also on Hubba-hubs. Maybe itā€™s time to spend money on some newbee rims :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Been eyeing those bronze DM1s :grimacing:.

2 Likes

Although Iā€™m conflicted cause I also really want those Mad rims being developed. @fujio001 any ETA on those?

3 Likes

Iā€™ve not had this happen before sorry. Have u trried mucking around with bluetooth settings?

2 Likes

Unfortunately, this makes sense. The xcell rs have a slightly smaller bead diameter than most other common tires. I also believe the @tomiboi hubba hubs were made with the same dimensions as xcell hubs. Which means, rs tires will have good balance on hubba hubs, but other tires may not balance perfectly on them.

This is similar to what @jack.luis ran into with trampa hubs and cst 200mm tires.

If the tire bead isnā€™t a close fit on the hub, youā€™re not going to get perfect balance.

The flipside is that mounting xcell rs on anything other than hubbas or xcell could be a pain in the ass if not impossible.

Ah ok, that kind of makes sense since Meepo tires pop off the Hubbas more easily, interesting. Wait how was the XCell fitment on the pentagrams when you had them?

I tried rebooting the old phone but no good since itā€™s the racebox mini BT which is the issue. Support got back to me and told me to wait for it to die and recharge it then try to reconnect lol.

Not a great solution by support but I did think that too lol. Annoying that has happened though. Hopefully just a once off :crossed_fingers:.

I had the xcell rs tires on the pentagram v1ā€™s, which are the same dimensions as xcell hubs and hubba hubs.

The pentagram v2 are bigger bead and fit cst tires perfectly. Iā€™m not sure if I could get xcell rs on the v2. It would be tight af and a nightmare if I ever got a flat and had to replace an inner tube. Someone on here put xcell rs on impalers, so it can be done, but probably not something I want to deal with.

Iā€™m assuming the meepo tires will balance perfect on the bigger bead diameter pentagram v2.

Also worth noting, xcell rs do not fit on kevball mr boardnamics hubs. Too tight.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been looking at the raw and Tring to convince myself I donā€™t need them. His pulleys are cheap too.

That price for the rs tyres is a set of 4 isnā€™t it?

1 Like

RS tires, yeah thatā€™s price for four plus tubes.

1 Like

About 2 months.

like stuck to the board?

the mini/mini s is always on, canā€™t turn it off