HFI samples: 16
HFI Start Voltage: 12.00V
HFI Run Voltage: 2.00V
HFI Max Voltage: 12.00V
Sensorless ERPM HFI: 1100.00
Current Controller Decoupling: FOC_CC_DECOUPLING_DISABLED

Control Mode: Current Hyst Reverse With Brake
sensorless ERPM HFI: 3500 (2.3mph)
Max ERPM for direction switch: 3500 (2.3mph)

max 100000 erpm
min -100000 erpm
erpm limit start 80%

lights
Set at 9.00V
wired in series

6 Likes

​​

6 Likes

​​​

5 Likes

Love your monster truck short boards!!! Have you used inserts to mount your enclosure?

How do you think the ride would be altered redrilling the front truck holes and moving the trucks forward? I ask because I’m wanting more space for an enclosure on a short board build I’m doing. Was planning on shifting the front trucks forward a few cms.

No, the enclosure doesn’t actually bolt to the deck. It has a groove across it, and an aluminum + cork strap bolts to the deck and it just hangs there.

5 Likes

Ah yes I see it now. Actually pretty obvious now you’ve shown the bracket seperate haha.

1 Like

How many motor amps are you pushing on this build?

Thanks for sharing this really nice build. The 170KV TB 6380 motor is my favorite motor of all time. I’m a pretty hefty guy and that thing pulls like a beast. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just added the settings above.

These may change.

3 Likes

Why I used a Trampa VESC 6 … so originally I had wanted an IMU in here for something I had planned in the future, a future upgrade. I had custom installed a big thick aluminum thermal mass on the ESC. It was at that point I plugged it in, and discovered there was no IMU in this VESC 6 :frowning:

:imp: Trampa why u do dis 2 me :imp:

So without the IMU I had no reason to use the Trampa ESC … and decided to use a TB6 or Unity instead… at that point I realized just how much of a hassle it was going to be, to remachine the thermal mass to fit a different ESC because none of the holes are the same and it was installed at like a custom 18 degree angle or something. I loudly exclaimed “fuck it” and put the VESC 6 in there because I didn’t want to deal with re-machining the aluminum block.

2 Likes

Pics of the guts?

Cheers. 130A to one TB6380 motor! Nice to hear they can take it.

29.2A battery max? Quite a specific number?

1 Like

Unfortunately I didn’t take enough photos, but I did snap one right before I put the lid on

Right after I took the photo I put more butyl tape around the clamp spots that I’d missed in that photo

1 Like

Yeah this BMS has a 30A cutoff in discharge configuration, so that’s as close as I want to push it. There is also a buck converter powering the lights so in total should still be at least 500mA under 30A. The BMS also doesn’t cut off until a bit above 30, but just to be safe.

3 Likes

​​

1 Like

@LexHoja did you try standing the cells on end? These decks can hold 50 cells without too much problem. (with 107mm+ wheels)

2 Likes

I love the welded motor mount.

2 Likes

It was on old welded Metroboard mount/hanger but as I’ve had those break I had some extra metal welded onto this one to make it rock solid. It’s thicc.

2 Likes

For real? That fits 50 cells stand up style and its rideable? Thats more than enough imho.

Yes, the short wheelbase (39cm / 15 3/8" in this case ) means the enclosure can be a lot taller.

If you use 107mm+ wheels and a 12mm riser, even taller still. There are more detailed pics of a similar battery in the Green One thread.

5 Likes