The Ralleycat - Landyatchz 34" Ralleycat - 12S3P - Unity - Dual TB 6355 190kV - Blue Caguamas

hey dude. I Really love this thing. Carving is really good in my opinion. I got riptide bushings recommended specifically for my weight and Caliber Trucks. Speed is good, I can’t really say about high speed stability, because I am 2.5 months only into recovering from a shoulder break, so my ridding style has been really mellow. I think my set up will get to 33MPH and I may have just touched 29mph, and I am really not ridding it like that sustained. I have no worries on the enclosure clearance, I have boards that scrape on curbs… so this one is good for me. I worry most about the motor mounts sticking down from the back trucks. The blue Caguamas really made this way better. I am not sure how much wheel base you will need with the enclosure you are planning but I had to drill mine out to create 1 to 1.5 inches more space. Also note the wheel wells are not made for reverse king pin trucks. so your Paris set up will hit past that. I do use .25 inch rubber riser and with the riptides I have no risk of wheel bite.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply! In all honesty, this is one of my favorite builds I have seen ever. Thing looks amazing. How much was the complete build cost when all said and done??

Yeah I think that 33mph is more than sufficient. I think it was a good idea using the 12s battery; way better performance and good range. I am honestly debated about whether to diy rally cat build OR buy a used boosted and do a deck swap onto a rallycat.

With your enclosure, it takes all of the flex out of the deck right? That’s why I said I was thinking of a split enclosure, but then I can’t put a nice sized battery in there which sucks.

Also, as far as trucks go, I can’t put Paris trucks on because they will get wheel bite or for another reason? Thanks for your advice.

maybe you can find some TKP trucks that fit with your motors.
The Rally cat originally comes with TKPs.

There is no flex to speak of on the ralleycat. I am using riptide krank barrel bushings and get no wheel bite. I always thought wheel bite was a big issue and used tons of risers until I got proper bushings

I know this is an old thread, but im new here (also new to the hobby, haven’t a single board yet) and just love this build and wanted to ask a couple of questions about it. First is about wheels; what do you reckon is the largest wheels you could get away on this deck? I was thinking the whole time id build something similar but with the cloud wheels, but it dawned on me that wheel bite would clearly be a problem. Secondly the battery; someone on reddit commented that 12s was overkill for the 6355’s, said 10s is all i need…why might this person be incorrect? Im after range and torque, top speed isn’t so important (I weight 72kg). Looks like you’ve built a bunch of boards so would be great to get a bit of advice for my first build =D

howdy. be carefull, this stuff is addictive.
wheel size can be very subjective.
you can make large wheels work on a short kick tail deck like this by adding truck risers.
at some point there is a big impact on the ride feel. some people like it.
I think 85 is ideal. and have done a similar board with 80mm blue Kegel wheels, and love that as well.

Some people I have seen on Facebook have put the cloudwheels on their BKB tayto boards.

here is another example of a short deck with large 110mm wheels.

when i was starting I wish this kit had been around. decent parts, great value.
you get to slap it all together.

the 10s vs 12s discussion is much more complex.
a little over my head honestly.
but the bigger issue with 12s, is if your ESC will be able to handle it.

this is the only build I have with a 12S and I am using a Focbox Unity in here.

2 Likes

Thanks for getting back =D
BKB looks really great and if I lived in the states i’d defo use them.
The look of the board is so important, so i think i’ll stick with the 85 inch ones, personally not keen on short boards with that much space. Will get a neobox when it comes out, but after what you said i thnk i’ll still the 10s batteries (should be cheaper too). One thing i was wondering was about the calilber trucks you used, do you know whether along with the 6355 motors they’d fit a gear a drive system on them? Thanks for the help!

1 Like

on the regular caliber trucks you can’t do a gear drive.
it is pretty tight even with 15mm belts.
check out this build for inspiration. he put dual gear drives on a short board.

1 Like

To fit a dual 6355, minimum would be E-Calibers or Boardnamics 184mm due to the extra axle length. Caliber IIs would be near impossible, but doable on 15mm belt driven mounts.

for belts I think it is ok, but I think he was wondering about gears. what trucks did you use for those? the 220 boardnamics

I used the 184mm Boardnamics hangars, it’s great for dual 6355s. If using the 220s, can definitely fit 6374s comfortably.

1 Like

Here are 2 close ups of the regular caliber trucks. One has 15mm belt. The other I just remembered I did 12mm because of a bit of belt rubbing…

also note from @Linny build if you want to use gear drives you probably need to go with bigger wheels.
due to ground clearance. on my 85mm set ups I try to go with 34T wheel drives.

@Linny 's board is such a treat :ok_hand: The trucks don’t look all that much wider than Ralleycat.
I am considering getting the Boardnamics 220’s because one of the few vendors in the UK stocks them, my only reservation is that I preferred the look of the narrower Caliber trucks. But tbh any geardrive upgrades I give my board will ages away be and im still only collecting parts for this first attempt…plus i could upgrade the calibers with a boardnamics 220 hanger if I decide to go gear-drive.

Also, while im here, what would be any of your thoughts on Paris clones vs Caliber 2’s? Still finalizing my build parts-list and if i can save some cash here and there id consder it.

Nah Paris clones? Naaah, they’re clones haha.

Caliber IIs will be better. Also let’s not derail the thread too much :sweat_smile:

1 Like

there are a lot more truck mount options for caliber, or caliber style trucks(boardnamics, and TB).
when you say gears drives, do you mean an actual gear drive, or are you really looking at a belt drive system? to me, if you are starting, belt is much simpler, and you can adjust the gear ratios.

3 Likes

Was thinking actual gear drive (ie no belts), but that was just something i was thinking for way in the future as an upgrade, but for now it would be belts for sure. Thanks so much for explaining your build to a noob, it’s clearer to me how everything fits together.

1 Like

hey, what enclosure was used on this build? (the kicktail deck with the 10s5p in it…not the ralleycat build)

1 Like

This one?
Psychotiller split sym.
Not sure the makes this one anymore. But the knucles he has is very similar.

2 Likes

that’s the one, thanks -)