The Questionable Deals Thread?¿

https://psbattery.en.alibaba.com/product/1600284848589-818294780/Hot_selling_battery_Rechargeable_LI_ION_21700_Battery_for_MOLICELL_P42A_4200MAH_3_7v.html?spm=a2700.shop_index.82.12.47c222b60nxpCo&fbclid=IwAR1syAMsESyw7Bc8mALiu9opB5bwre1vf3c_2oZP5k6WZSerA_18BiTph10
lol bruh
“hot selling” more like will self combust if run at p42 spec

2 Likes

@JoeyZ5 would like this

1 Like

Most likely low grade P42As that are rewrapped to look like grade A. Probably 80-90% performance of a real P42A.

My pic of one, it’s on the bottom :arrow_heading_up:

3 Likes

Some people said they are straight up fake cells but who knows. Not cheap so possibly legit enough.

2 Likes

Got to buy 200 fake cells to test. Do it for science or just buy them from 18650 battery store. They start at 5.99. Its $1215.51 for 200 cells from 18650 including shipping.

4 Likes

I was on another forum and some woman from alibaba messaged me directly after i commented that the printing looked to dark to be real. She assured me they were real. They had a minimum order requirement of 500.

1 Like

télécharger (2)

I bet 2 dollars those are the shittiest fake cells you could find

Edit: can’t you get like a sample from the seller? most vendors do

How many companies though would contact you to say that, yes, the cells are low grade rewraps or fakes? :grin:

I’m not saying those are low grade or fake, no way to know for sure from one photo. I’m just saying that no company that has crappy cells will say anything other than they are genuine high grade cells.

5 Likes

Won’t work.
Any sleazy company can ship you great samples and then send crap when you place a bulk order. Our only defense is buying from a company we know will only sell genuine high grade cells.

3 Likes

Tbf I’d accept questionable quality if you had a guarantee of good return policies. Like I refuse to buy Amazon unless it’s something I’m fairly sure I’ll need to return, like a keyboard that I don’t know if I’ll like or maybe a flipsky ESC

1 Like

yee

2 Likes

Wait what??

Yeah Amazon is immoral, it relies on scale to abuse labour laws, dodge tax, and manipulate information it has on competitors because of its position as both a marketplace for third party products and a producer of first party ones. If I want to try something out (a keyboard with a different type of switch that idk if I like etc) then amazon gets the order because I can return it and keep the money. Bezos should be taxed out of existence.

1 Like

Hahahahahaha that thing is hilarious - I’ll have to sell my boutique version for eskate collectors only that is a 100% original product. 2 million ruble plz

1 Like

3 Likes

Lol. I find it strange that people choose to run balance wires over the top of all the others when you have a perfect channel to route it through using the gap between the cells.

Wonder when this pack was built. This guy claims to be a proficient battery builder, but its very rare to see a nude photo like this of his work… wonder why? :thinking:

Edit: just realised its advertised as 10s6p and its only 10s3p :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Edit 2: its 10s6p, i’m blind

4 Likes

I mean it is two layers to be fair

but yes no clue about the balance routing lol

1 Like

Coincidentally all that over lapping could have been solved by flipping the pig tail over…

Claims being the key word lol

1 Like

I can’t tell how bad it is? Like the uneven kapton tape looks bad, the balance wires cross over, and the alignment of the P groups looks a bit wonky but it looks mostly safe?

Yeah would need more pics