ESC: Focbox Unity
Lights: Illume V2

3 Likes

Solid plan, 13s a bit overkill :joy:

Which version of the prodigy?

1 Like

9 Likes

Yeah, hence the name The Prodigy since its also my first build

Should be ok, confirmed by DIYelsk8 and Focbox that 13s is working fine on many builds

2 Likes

13s works. It’s just whether you need it or not. It will put your parts under more strain but ultimately the unity will handle it.

Have you ridden a 10s and 12s board extensively?

5 Likes

Enclosure looks great.

1 Like

10s since early may, had my first ride on a 12s with dual 6355 here the other day, man it was intense, but I rode full speed and felt good around 60 km/t , been skateboarding and snowboarding all my life so have some experience. But I suspect the 13s will be even more powerful and plan on taking it easy step by step and tuning ESC throttle and braking extensively.

The step from 10 to 12 wasn’t as drastic as people had made out to me (my boards are 10). I think you’ll feel it good though going from riding 10s regularly to 13s.

Sounds like you know how to ride but don’t forget to pad up, even if you’re the best rider in the world the cars around you are idiots :+1:

10 Likes

I really did, from 10s5p diye pack to 13s5p - first thought was … “I really don’t need this” , now it just makes me smile like im insane :smile:

7 Likes

My friend built a 12s setup, he rode it a couple of weeks and now he says commuting to work its ful throttle all the way stable at 60 km/t. Its crazy how fast we adapt to the speed. Maybe its easier for us since we’ve been skateboarding all these years. Im just glad I did 13s. Just waiting for that BMS from production in China now so I can ride it :smiley:

4 Likes

Looks like a fun build! :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Looks like an awesome build, well done dude :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Board is done, got to ride it yesterday, it pulls like a maniac uphill and is too fast to go full speed yet, around 60 km/t the back truck started to float around like crazy, maybe it was the start of a speed wobble, i quickly slowed down and managed to stay on the board, but it was scary. Need to tighten trucks more, maybe buy some riptide bushings.
Problem is also board is braking is very slow, i tuned the regen braking in focbox unity to 35a but its still weak and does not perform a ramped braking that my ownboard does. Anyone have good settings for braking on 13s i weigh around 65kg and the motors are dual 6374 ?

7 Likes

If you’ve got the 4p, I’d change braking to -40A and if you like that smooth braking, set the throttle curve to a polynomial. People like them to be around -20% to -25%

3 Likes

Stop bragging or I am going to put Brian on your case.

2 Likes

haha, nice to know. Hats of to you if you managed to stay on the board at full throttle :wink:

1 Like

I suspect that the “floating feeling” of the back truck upon reaching 60 km/h still accelerating can be rising a question of truck stability.
I definitely need to ride more and get used to the high velocity and board feel to address this issue, but psycotillers tkp trucks has been discussed in project design.
I also felt it as if some weight and momentum came from far back of the board and since I have reverse mount maybe board weight and stability is worse off with reverse mount than regular dual mount since motor weight and pull is further forward on the board, maybe someone with experience of both can answer this. Anyway, is smiled a terrifying smile and are both eager and afraid to ride the board again :wink:

1 Like

4p yes. will try those settings out, are the polynomial setting available through the Focbox Unity software or do I need the bldc tool for that ?

ahh, basically like snowboarding then, never centered always on toes or heels ?

1 Like

Bushings will go along way to improving the ride of the 218s. Also get some insert bushings for at least the rear. Stops the slop. TB218s are renowned for walking under full power. I run 96 barrels in the rear and 86 front with inserts. Different animal entirely.

2 Likes