12s2p flat battery pack using 40T cells

Hello all.
Cells arrived today, I really want some input on a 12s2p flat battery build with the Samsung 40T 21700 cells for a city cruiser build. Running dual 6354s and Unity.
Nickel strips cells arrangement and such. I built a 12s4p previously that went good, I have a sunkko 709a spotwelder too :wink:

Depends on the arrangement. I suggest you look at the battery builder’s thread for inspiration and best practices:

I have built exactly that pack. Here’s some links:

3 Likes

hmm, not sure I quite liked the total wrapping with fish paper, it needs cooling. here is how I built my 12s4p pack btw: The Prodigy - 13s4p

you really need that large a nickel strip?

Well, if you want to do both the parallel connection and get some area for making the serial connection all with a single strip, I can hardly imagine how it would work with any smaller strip.

Does it? How hot do your batteries get?

Just didn’t like the idea of closing them in like that, like to keep them air vented ,no shrink wrap or too much fish paper or kapton tape that’s all

Sure, if you like it you like it. You said “it needs cooling” though, which is different. Making claims without having an evidence is not a great way of having a discussion. Plus, if you ask for input and people take time to give it to you, you may just as well show at least a little bit of appreciation rather than throwing at back at them.

Sorry bout that bro, initiative much appreciated ;), how is pack running, what is the rest of the build specs ?

2 Likes

It’s been running well but the Tayto deck wasn’t a good fit for me. I much prefer my 36" EVO, which is not that much bigger after all. I actually sold the Tayto board this week.

How did u arrange the cells , pictures of the complete pack ?