The Outlaw Star - "what has come” 4WD | 1:42 3DS | 6380/4 | Flux | 12S9P 50E

Yeah man. Same here. After riding the flux for a while prototipo felt like a noodle Had some close calls cuz of that
Spending time with the flux means you work a little Harder to toss it around witch is not the case with proto That almost made me say hello to the pavement lol

2 Likes

Janky heat sink I made outta some spare mounts:

Got @torqueboards’s controllers going too! I wana see how many miles I can get in before I get thermal throttling on these and that’ll be my baseline the coming 4wd set up.

Need to figure out how to match the pin out on my metr pro to these guys

6 Likes

Haha. It was easy. It’s either to the left or right. Try one if it doesn’t work move it to the other side lol.

Love your heat sinks. I mounted mine on some 1/4 aluminum plates

3 Likes

Really?

For some reason I thought you had to hook it up to the master and I was getting blank readings. I’ll try the other tmw.

I need to read more

2 Likes

Lmao. Right or left meaning the connector in the Vesc has 8 pins And the module harness has only seven wires
As for Vesc goes

Ppm/uart 115200 bps for master
Uart for slave
It should work just fine

2 Likes

Yes doesnt matter if you plug it into master or slave, just make sure both vescs have app set to UART. You will have to manually change this on each one. You can’t just change it one one vesc and write via can. But then should just be plug and play

2 Likes

Went on a ride with the homies @EDness , and Jose (don’t think he’s on here but he was on a lonestar)

Didn’t really get any thermal throttling with the TB v6’s and new addition of mount heat sinks. So I may be going 4wd for no real reason other than to say I did it, which I’m fine with. Still had 68% left after these 20 miles.

6 Likes

Sad news. I’m taking the phattys off. I had a bead failure. Causing the tube to get shredded. Luckily I didn’t fall it happened at around 15 or 20. Unfortunately it messed up the gear casing by rubbing away material:

Pretty bummed about the 200x75’s they fit the size of the board nicely. I’m going to stretch some of my old red primo alphas on these widened superstars and hopefully they run well. Really wanted to think the other 200x75 failures were isolated issues but I can’t think of anything I did wrong when installing. Today was the hottest day I ran these tires so I feel like that allowed them to deform and stretch over the lip. This happened after 4 miles of riding today. Up until this I had put around 100 miles on these tires/hubs

3 Likes

Been soldering away got a “fancy” new soldering iron because I was over my piece of shit weller.

Pics of the current state:

!

Need to by a 20 ohm resistor for the 5V connection between the two unities, and then I’ll have all the hardware. Looking to get it going before the weekend!

6 Likes

Stretched 8x2s on hellcats look pretty good and 8x2s with 8x3 tubes are even better

2 Likes

I need to try this then I had the regular 8x2 tubes in there

2 Likes

Heres a photo of a 8x2 with a 8x3 tube on the left and regular phatty tire on the right

4 Likes

do you know the PSI used on the two?

2 Likes

Same on both 35 psi

2 Likes

Do you have a link for those tubes :call_me_hand:

1 Like

I guess I’ve been lucky, but I have well over 500 miles on a set of those 200x75s on un-widened five stars. Where did you get the tires? Got mine from monsterscooterparts.com along w/ tubes.

If you want to stick to 3" wide, the kenda 8x3-4 slick tires are nearly a real kart tire if you can get your hands on some true 4" hub wheels like the 3DS 4.65", megastars (deepdish preferred), or squish them onto fivestars.

2 Likes

Also @Brently sorry for derailing your thread
2 Likes

I got mine from Ernesto,

have you gotten any flats? I don’t think I did anything wrong on my set up. I assumed it was a bead failure because the tire bead was overlapped with the hub lip when I came to a stop. Then when I looked at the tube, it had a slice type of hole on it, not a direct puncture. I haven’t gotten a whole bunch of flats but when I do the tube usually looks like its been pin pricked or a more direct “puncture” wound.

I’m not saying with 100% certainty what happened with mine as for sure was a bead failure but thats what it looked like to me. Could have had a tube failure/pop and then by the time I was able to pull over the tube had overlapped the hub.

I’ve been eyeing those new 3DS hubs, but I like the look of these chrome widened superstars.

1 Like

all good bro its relevant to the build

2 Likes

yo let’s ride! can’t wait to see this beast!

1 Like