The new hotness from Molicel, the P45B, has arrived for testing

The Hondas should be some sort of PEVs lol

2 Likes

IMO those are samples, perhaps from Vapcell who is known for scooping up small lots of different cells for just a quick burst of selling before never having stock of that cell again.

5 Likes

Nkon stocked them the first time on 22.09.2022 so over a month ago.
They were sold out the next day until 08.10.2022 and have been in stock since then.

5 Likes

So vapcell who sent me the last picture was supposed to ship this week and just sent me a a beautifull haiku :
"hi dear, sorry
it will not arrive this batch

we will expect next batch maybe on December."

So I guess I’ll get p42a and that’s it…

5 Likes

Classic Vapcell

3 Likes

at least they didn’t sent me fake ones ^^’

3 Likes

Are these available yet?

1 Like

AFAIK, no.
You’d have to check stock of the different vendors. Should be soon though.

2 Likes

Was there a price estimate (compared to p42A?)

You’d have to check the vendors. I don’t know the MSRP or if there is one. It will certainly be more expensive than the P42A…a LOT more for a while IMO.

1 Like

6.6 EUR ex vat was the price they told me a few weeks ago and available around Christmas

5 Likes

18650batterystore Epoch p45b rewraps, supposedly in stock at $8 each.

Is 12.5% more range worth 60% increase in price? talk to me the next time I have to push home the last 2 miles of a ride :rofl:

Epoch 21700 4500mAh 45A Battery (P45B) (18650batterystore.com)

3 Likes

Agreed.
Anything except a preposterous price difference disappears over the couple of years, at least, that you have the pack. And you get to enjoy the extra performance difference (range and less voltage sag) every day you ride for those couple of years.

IMO, price is pretty far down the list of what should be considered when buying cells.

6 Likes

Not for us budget builders :thinking:

3 Likes

If price were no object, we’d all be using prismatic Li-Ion packs that can take advantage of every last sq mm of space and have the best energy density.

1 Like

so probably AU$69 per cell in Australia.

5 Likes

Do they actually beat the cylindrical cells like the P42A though in BOTH range and power?

2 Likes

Not sure about these, as I’m sure there are other factors at play besides battery performance.

But AFAIK custom prismatic cells have the highest energy density of batteries produced today, but also the highest cost.

1 Like

IF this exist, u know some rich bastard is already building an esk8 with it

3 Likes

:boom::face_with_peeking_eye::fire::fire:

5 Likes