The new hotness from Molicel, the P45B, has arrived for testing

1…50K
But the price will change by the time the cell is available.

1 Like

I really want to build a small board with 10S1P or 12S1P with them to put that 13.5 A charge time to the test, should pair nice with a 12A charger for some quick 20 min top off

2 Likes

As long as you don’t mind the accelerated cell aging (damage) that charging will cause. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve been doing torture testing of a P45B (as my patrons have seen) but seeing others also (eventually) put these cells to the test would be great!

2 Likes

I just subscribed to the Patreon to see those tests and wow they’re very interesting. Very much looking forward to the full review

3 Likes

Damn these look sweet, I can’t wait to trade an organ for a couple boxes of these.

2 Likes

I’ll take a kidney, except I’ll sell you rewrapped p42a.

2 Likes

That was you? Welcome!

5 Likes

That would be exactly the goal, probably find a way to integrate a simple logger on whatever BMS I would use and log everything for postmortem analysis

And also probably make sure to have a thermistor to keep things in check in case it gets toasty

Awesome for you to do that

2 Likes

Would be starting from 5.8 euro without vat for 600pcs according to Nkon

5 Likes

And availability? :upside_down_face:

±3 months

2 Likes

Any word on availability for these?

If you ask nicely, I’ll do you all a favor and order P42a’s tomorrow, so that these can be released for sale the next day.

9 Likes

Nothing yet.
Nkon was supposed to have them this week but pushed it back another 6 weeks. Everyone else says they have no idea.

9 Likes

does this looks legit to you?

2 Likes

Sorry, there’s no way I can determine authenticity from a photo and anyone who says they can is just guessing.

AFAIK there are no P45B’s available for sale yet but there’s always a chance someone sold samples they received.

There was no printing on the metal can for the samples I tested and all the cans had a laser-etched code on them. They might have changed things since I tested and they might have not.

If the top insulated ring is self-adhesive that was not done by Moli and that is not a standard Moli 100-cell box (which has always been paperboard/cardboard).

6 Likes

Do you have a capacity tester?

1 Like

I don’t have them yet.
I have a cell charger, I guess I can full cycle one of them to get a capacity value

2 Likes

Check that the charger goes down to 2.5V when it measures capacity. Many stop at a higher voltage.

2 Likes

They are “in stock” on nkon apparently

As far as I’ve heard nkon isn’t an official molicel resaler, so i don’t know how they could’ve got them so soon.

3 Likes

17 Likes