The new hotness from Molicel, the P45B, has arrived for testing

I’ve been asked about this cell a LOT lately and they’re finally here. Thank you N-Power Energy (NPE) for sending me four pre-production samples! Here are the basic specs from Molicel for this incredible cell: INR21700-P45B – Molicel

It is rumored, from a very good source, that Molicel is skipping over the P42B (not taking it into production) and going on to the P45B.

My patrons have seen some results already and testing is still ongoing, including torture and cycle-life testing. I don’t know when the results will be posted publicly.

55 Likes

Dang bro how many kidneys will a pack of these cost?

3 Likes

I believe the currency is measured in kidneys per cell, not pack. :joy:
No idea of the cost yet but it will certainly not be lower than the P42A. Perhaps the P42A will drop in price though!

16 Likes

Lol I was thinking this as well, that would be nice.

7 Likes

When do we expect (if ever) those to be available for us mortals?

Dang, amazing, how about physical measurements? Identical to P42a? Tad bigger in any way?

2 Likes

i need 420 of them for my bicycle.

6 Likes

Working on getting that.

8 Likes

Not larger.

11 Likes

Info I received:
P45B - US$ 4.95/ea

11 Likes

Will have a meeting with Moli on Tuesday and will ask more details.

5 Likes

What is the MOQ for that price?

7 Likes

Millions. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Good question, P42a for that price is already 50+ from 18650 store

I think we’re talking about the price directly from moli

1 Like

Most likely, I have no idea what the direct price is for p42a

Unauthorized sales though as no one at Moli is allowed to do this. :slightly_smiling_face:
Only the huge, HUGE, cell orders can be done (without violating policy) directly….millions.

5 Likes

So what’s the big deal about this battery? More amps? Higher voltage?

No it’s in the couple of sentences linked above: a bit more capacity with a lot more current output. The voltage isn’t improveable without a completely different type of chemistry

5 Likes

Go ahead y’all, buy the new hot shit. :smiley: I need cheap P42As :smiley:

7 Likes