The helmet thread

I like the bike helmets made for city riding. With a lot of years of wrestling and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu behind me I am comfortable that I can fall without sticking my chin out so I don’t see the need for a full face helmet (for me). I have both of these helmets with half visors to protect my eyes:

But the super DH is, right?

Yes, it sure is.

1 Like

I have got these two. One is a full face the other is a half face with a mask that doesn’t crush your face hahah. Absolutely love these two. The fullface has inflatable cheekpads which makes the fit perfect.

3 Likes

I’ve heard good things about new olders stuff, not that I’ve ever tried but if I ever kill my TSG I won’t be shelling out for another one as I swear prices just keep going up for them.

https://store.newolders.com/en/

I love wearing my Bell Super3R, especially after putting on the light I have on it now. I have a Ruroc that I use for the slow leisurely rides, but you can totally tell it would not be good for hard crashes. They are snow rated, someone decided to use it for eks8 and it caught on and Ruroc went along with it and made a butt ton of money off of our lives. Looks cool as long as you don’t fall. I also got a motocycle helmet…it’s giant and heavy and now I’m waiting for the wife to let get a motorcycle (aka never gonna happen)

3 Likes

New Olders is great, especially with the bigger front vents - doesn’t fog up with the visor down in cold weather (as long as you’re moving)
Their shipping was over $50 though, so total wasn’t that much cheaper than a tsg pass.

2 Likes

I live in Canada, that’s what It costed me to ship a pass from the US for me :frowning:

And I mean 50$ is a pretty small price to pay for how customizable they are anyway.

1 Like

+1 Bell sanction
Or demon podium
Cheap, light, and do a fair job to protect the head for our uses
Moto helmets seem a little overkill, especially if this helmet will be your go-to everyday ride choice.
(Unless all you do is race around at 35 mph)

2 Likes

Im waiting on the day I finally get my paretns approval which do not even know how much I take some stuff to extreme, like esk8, alcohol, etc haha

Got my eyes on a Yamaha xt660 or a MT07 but its too small :smiley:

1 Like

I wouldn’t consider buying it, don’t worry, I’d go for at least the Super DH. Any helmet I buy will have MIPS or similar tech either way, which rules out FF skate helmets like TSG and New Olders sadly.

:+1:t4: :+1:t4: :+1:t4:

Seriously looking at this now. Derived for competitive DH from their Moto-9 motorcycle helmet.

1 Like

Sorry to read that karlo. Get well soon. Ride safe.

3 Likes

I’ve just ordered this one… I’ll send an update once it arrives…

1 Like

I love this helmet!

1 Like

Having own 3 bell mc (Moto 3-9,bullitt and shoei rf1000 this is one of the helmet I used on Rninet scrambler and esk8, got a white board too match :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Idk if it’s been mentioned, but I love my triple8 racer… It’s definitely on the lighter weight side of things, not as much protection as a full moto, but for hot days and not having a heavy head, I enjoy it very much… It’s simple and can be found fairly cheap too.

5 Likes

Looks like Full-9, Full-9 Fusion and Super DH still have the same certification. Looking at those three as well now, thanks for the heads up!

EDIT: POC Coron Air Spin also looking good!

1 Like

Between them, the Full 9 has motorcycle shell construction (CF shell for the Full 9, GF shell for the Fusion), and the Super DH has bicycle helmet construction (Plastic shell with EPS EPP). So, I’ll be going for a Full 9, most likely the Carbon.