The helmet thread

So after having a chrash, without a helmet and getting 3 stiches, Im on the search for a helmet.
(I guess Im too stupid to lean on others mistakes…)

After looking at the TSG pass something as a standard fro esk8 protection and checking its CE rating I have seen only tests of up to 20kmh, and our weakest boards on here do at least that speed.

The TSG pass is quite pricy, and In my logic offers much less protection than some motorcycle helmets, it has the advantage that its light af at only 1kg, but this helmet has a 190 degree fov and the same price and only around 800g heavier, while probably having the chrash rating at at least 3 times the speed.
I can not find the exact documentation but its just a wild guess.

Anyways if some of you know more about helmet protection in general, Im sure we all would like to know more about it!

8 Likes

Have a look at Ruroc. They make some cool and some cheaper helmets.

Please no, people are getting face injuries with that shit.

23 Likes

Oh really! I wasn’t aware. My bad.

4 Likes

Go full retard AGV Pista GP-R.

Seriously though, I’m about to drop money on a Bell Super DH.

That helmet is like 400-500e cheaper than my car lol

2 Likes

20 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/Demon-Podium-Mountain-Helmet-Black/dp/B00E5OMVAY/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=podium+helmet&qid=1587129254&sprefix=podium+h&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExTUpVOEtQSjZSMkU2JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNDE1MTU4MkdaMzgxRDZSMUY2WSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNjExNjMzM1JZNkVTSEJFMUVGRSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX3Bob25lX3NlYXJjaF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

1 Like

3 Likes

@Acido I wish you a quick recover and hope it isn’t too bad mate,
Go for a full face helmet ECE 22.05 certified, the downhill motocross one are great and light if you go for the composite one. And you can switch googles from time to time…I am wearing this one…

It is important to mention that the only helmet certification that test the helmet before releasing it to the market it the ECE 22.05 as it is really tested for high impact shock with motorize vehicle …DOT is only for fun as they only have to send a confirmation by mail that it is suited for that std…

1 Like

I will leave that comment there for context. People need to be aware that ruroc are not the best option.

10 Likes

I have been educated hah

2 Likes

I really enjoy my LS2 Breaker. It’s got DOT and ECE certs, and is pretty comfy. My only complaint is the flip down sun visor thing has a small gap with the nose shield, and it’s kinda distracting / annoying.

2 Likes

+1 for demon podium. Light and solid with lots of air flow.

1 Like

I have a Shoei GT-Air downstairs, not even considering it. MC helmets are too heavy and big for this shit.

7 Likes

Paging @taz for MC helmet recommendations?

3 Likes

The Bell Super DH I posted above is 850g in size M and has full DH certification and MIPS-II.

1 Like

TSG Pass is another good one.

Ruroc has a motocycle helment thats sturdy but its YUGE!!! and kinda heavy… because its a moto helmet