The helmet thread

That’s the Bell Super 3R, correct? Predecessor to the Super DH. What do you think of it?

2 Likes

I like it a bunch… I like it so much i gave away my TLD helmet
Up to about 30mph
Over 30mph i want a full moto helmet

6 Likes

What though? I’m about to start hitting speed, but don’t want something heavy.

1 Like

I was thinking this is going to be more of a discussion between “sports” helmets and motorcycle helmets
And hopefully to find some link to a helmet with motorcycle protection level in a sport look/weight

Honestly, almost everybody is going to be fine with the tsg pass which is rated for 20kmh, which again is totally fine fror a skateboard.
But I would like to find a helmet which I could use for a motorbike i plan to buy in the near future, so I have a middle between the safety of a car and the feel of the skateboard.

1 Like

Dont get spoiled by the half head helmets :smiley:

Ever heard of AirOh? 6D? Vemar?

2 Likes

https://www.airoh.com/helmets/valor-en/ this one looks pretty sick, without the graphic ofc :smiley:

2 Likes

Sure, but I don’t have $500+ to spend.

1 Like

k00k says:
If ya got a $5 head, wear a $5 helmet

8 Likes

A downhill bike helmet that’s only rated for 20km/h?

Don’t be a smart arse. Which Vemar do you use?

1 Like

NO

This is sickness…

1040grams

3 Likes

it’s discontinued… and I’m not happy with their latest offerings, so my next helmet will most probably be an AirOh

1 Like

I can spend $300 USD, so looking around. The Airoh Ace ticks the boxes though.

1 Like

Tsg for the win!

1 Like

Check the ce rating on the tsg pass site in the pdf its only rated for 20kmh, also its a sport skateboard helmet not a bike helmet

I said I want to find a helmet with bike level protection that feels as good to wear as tsg pass

2 Likes

Its also ASTM F1952 rated?

1 Like

Wasnt it tested for sports downhill biking?

1 Like

This is weird…

1 Like

Not sure what that was, but the only rating i found on their site was EN 1078 and couldnt find the number for the ASTM F1952 without paying, but I guess its an equivalent