The helmet thread

Seriously looking at this now. Derived for competitive DH from their Moto-9 motorcycle helmet.

1 Like

Sorry to read that karlo. Get well soon. Ride safe.

3 Likes

I’ve just ordered this one… I’ll send an update once it arrives…

1 Like

I love this helmet!

1 Like

Having own 3 bell mc (Moto 3-9,bullitt and shoei rf1000 this is one of the helmet I used on Rninet scrambler and esk8, got a white board too match :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Idk if it’s been mentioned, but I love my triple8 racer… It’s definitely on the lighter weight side of things, not as much protection as a full moto, but for hot days and not having a heavy head, I enjoy it very much… It’s simple and can be found fairly cheap too.

5 Likes

Looks like Full-9, Full-9 Fusion and Super DH still have the same certification. Looking at those three as well now, thanks for the heads up!

EDIT: POC Coron Air Spin also looking good!

1 Like

Between them, the Full 9 has motorcycle shell construction (CF shell for the Full 9, GF shell for the Fusion), and the Super DH has bicycle helmet construction (Plastic shell with EPS EPP). So, I’ll be going for a Full 9, most likely the Carbon.

Why choose the carbon? Is weight so important to you?
Fiberglass has better characteristics for use in a helmet shell.

3 Likes

I’m tending towards the Fusion, or a POC Coron GF/Carbon. The Full-9 does not seem to have MIPS.

1 Like

I used to think the same until someone kicked a branch into the bikelane while I was in a full tuck. Face ended up with a bit of roadrash and hole through my lip

2 Likes

My only issue with the triple 8 is it fogs up a bunch!!!

1 Like

The Bell Full-9 has these added features when compared to the Full-9 Fusion:

• Magnefusion Emergency Release System (MERS)
  • Integrated Eject System Compatibility
  • Velocity Flow Ventilation System
1 Like

It has other things going for it, like emergency release and eject, which the Fusion doesn’t have.

Bell is the shit and road legal…

1 Like

Also true, but spin/mips has more going for it imho. They all seem to have removable cheekpads which makes removing the helmet in an emergency way easier already.

All my safety gear is the DH line from POC, and it’s really good stuff! I’m starting to tend towards the POC. Just need to wait for the 2020 lineup. Are the Bell helmets a ‘19 lineup? In that case it might be worth waiting for a Full-9 with MIPS.

1 Like

It’s the 2020 colour way, the Full-9 Fusion is the one with MIPS, the Full-9 carbon isn’t going to change.

Ah ok, couldn’t find that. One thing that bothers me about the Pass Pro Carbon that I have, is that it is pretty warm in the summer and my head starts to sweat. Latest after 30 minutes I have to open the visor. I am reading reviews that describe similar experiences with the Full-9 even though it is not as closed as the Pass. That would be a no-go for me and since the vent system in the Full-9 and the Fusion are exactly the same, that would make me tend towards the POC.

Reviews where the users are pedalling a bicycle, not standing on an esk8.

True. And the Pass’ ventilation system is pretty much not-existing.

2 Likes