The first esk8 remote designed to be held - BKB Voyager šŸšØ

Iā€™ve not actually used either of those but someone commented on my video to say that, found it interesting

1 Like

Guys they leaked more specs !!!

2 Likes

Is this April foolā€™s day? What bracelet remote thing is this?

2 Likes

They made multiple mockups, this was their first gen

3 Likes

I have both of those koowheels remotes :rofl:

1 Like

Holy shit, you had some shitty boards then.

Iā€™ve only heard horror stories of that d3m

1 Like

Honestly, first gen with green wheels was the best damn lowtier Chinese in that era Iā€™ve ever had (and Iā€™ve had many)

2 Likes

For a long time in the past Iā€™ve used a moded Wii remote and having the joystick also have the left and right move wasnā€™t a problem at all, you never moved it there accidentally

1 Like

For me the Wii remote was my first near death experience.

3 Likes

Yeah back in the day before the puck or even the vx1, I was trying to use a Wii nunchuck on my very first build. What a deathtrap that was.

1 Like

I used just the shell and used my custom radio inside

I donā€™t get the joystick complaints. They made an option to lock its motion to the y-axis so you can have a larger platform for your throttle finger and have it behave like a typical scroll wheel design. If you donā€™t lock it, you get the added benefit of not having to force your finger to move up and down, which can be more comfortable. Itā€™s also like an analog stick on a console controller ā€” whoā€™s had a hard time using those as throttle controls?

2 Likes

Pretty expensive for a remote that looks similar to the maytech v1, watched a review where the guy says itā€™s not very ergonomic with gloves

1 Like

While another remote with a display is great, and ergonomics are always good to think about, I think this kind of copy is a bit disingenuous:

Sure, the Puck has an odd shape, but it does fit in a hand.

The Puck Puck Bruce variants, and the OSRR remotes are very comfortable and ergonomic.

Trigger remotes are also accomodating to the hand.

Marketing is expected, but thereā€™s not much reason to make a bit of a dig at other designs right out of the gate.

7 Likes

Id argue that this new remote was made with more priority put towards ergonomics than the puck was.

Iā€™ve yet to try a remote that I felt was perfect in my hand. They all have flaws imo

Signal retention is 9001% more important than ergonomics I think

11 Likes

This is by no means a dig at company X or company Y. I have never seen 1 company advertise a remote as comfortable or specifically designed to fit in your hand. That was the overarching goal of the remote, with solid internals to back it up.

4 Likes

My thoughts as well. If you donā€™t like the X axis movement, there is an included throttle lock so it only moves in Y.

I think there just hasnā€™t been a properly executed joystick remote so they have a bad rap.

2 Likes

The end goal was turn signals. There also wasnā€™t a 1 axis available that ALSO had a clickable button (for cruise control). If we can get the bugs worked out (I think some of it may be VESC tool side) the production unit will have cruise control activated by triple clicking the joystick

3 Likes

I absolutely loved my modded wiimote when it worked. The most comfortable remote by far. That was the main inspiration.

Shouldnā€™t be too tough to weather proof. PCB could be potted

1 Like

This remote does look to pull alot from 2 prior products.

Wiimote

Photon esk8s remote

2 Likes