The Eskate Enterprise | Haggy Kahua & Bergmeisters | Dual 6374 190KV | 12s4p 20700B | Eboosted Enclosure

Oh, good. Because I’m really happy with the new one. Thanks!

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks. This model? https://lunacycle.com/remote-on-off-solid-state-switch/

1 Like

Yep that’s the one. I use this switch on three builds, none have failed…yet :rofl:

2 Likes

I’ve used a few of these myself. All of them have failed eventually, although most lasted a good while. In fact I had one, from an experimental batch that Luna sent me, that lasted almost 2 years.

1 Like

(from the lunacycle website)

What 'n tornation

(EDIT: my bad @agentdev didnt realise i was derailing, in an effort to stay on topic, really cool build. I really like the scheme and your commitment to the name)

4 Likes

sorry to derail further, but i was wondering the same thing…made me think of this

3 Likes

All good! And what on earth happened there :joy:

1 Like

@physicsman99 may or may not be able to figure out why that happened. Or maybe it’s too exploded to tell now. He does some cool internal imaging for electronics with all kinds of xray/ultrasound things

1 Like

Wow. I like the board, but not necessarily what you’ve done with the ESC. I don’t they they are supposed to look like that…

Are there any devices on the board which are obviously blown or cracked?@BluPenguin is correct. I work in/run a lab with ultrasonic inspection tools, and normally an x-ray machine close by. Not the medical ones, but the non-destructive testing kind.

@BluPenguin sent me a failed board from a board of his and I have found two FETs which wouldn’t pass a QC screening inspection. That’s two out of 24. Optical inspection is three diodes have failed,one of which was blown off of the PCB completely. I wouldn’t mind to check it out for interests sake in seeing what may have gone wrong.

5 Likes

Intense :rofl:

1 Like

The Enterprise has returned! The 183/185 KV motors (measured by VESC tool) and 13:43 gearing with AVIO Drive gets me a cruising speed of 35 MPH on Bergmeisters.

The 15-tooth pinions are on my bench… for now. :joy:

6 Likes

Which ESC did you end up switching to?

1 Like

I am running a MakerX dual ESC until I get my hands on some others to try.

Maker-X DUAL DRIVE VESC.4

2 Likes

Nice! What settings you using? FOC mode?

1 Like

FOC with 60A motor, 30A battery. I’ll have to check the rest when I ride later. Ain’t no race board but still a lot of fun.

2 Likes

Hey man, this is a sick build! I had one question for you if you don’t mind helping me out here when you have a minute.
What did you use to cut those half circle cutouts for the phase wires? Do you find this to be holding up well against water? I’m tempted to try the same thing for this enclosure and would love your insight here. Basically debating what you have here vs a couple drilled holes and a grommet.

What do you think? Dremel or drill? I have neither so would need to purchase one or the other for this part of my upcoming build. Thanks man

1 Like

I just used a file and sized it to fit each wire. It isn’t perfect…I’ll probably use grommets or fasten bullet connectors directly to the enclosure next time.

2 Likes

Woah. I got linked this to check out your taillight to see if i wanted to buy one and your board inspired me to buy a bunch of unexpected parts from hiim to do a similar build in the future. But I just saw this post and realized you are from Cleveland too! I hit the reservation last summer with some friends who were on bikes and it is perfect. Getting a few of them hooked on boards now so we can cruise. I haven’t seen any other E-boards around yet. Awesome man. Lets get it going strong.

3 Likes

Awesome!! If you keep active on Facebook, keep in touch here for when we start planning group rides.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1812886082126075/

I am in Ashland but make it up there often. I’m glad you enjoy the light!

1 Like

Happy 4th to those of you here in the states! Esk8ers elsewhere - sending lots of love from USA! :wave:

8 Likes