The Eskate Enterprise | Haggy Kahua & Bergmeisters | Dual 6374 190KV | 12s4p 20700B | Eboosted Enclosure

where can one find this tail light?

1 Like

Meilan X5

2 Likes

That was a Meilan, but I also use these:
Ampulla Oricycle Rechargeable… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XXHDQLN?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

The remote is a bit more reliable IMO.

1 Like

How do you secure it to the deck?

In that photo, I used two corner brackets. I am trying a few designs with PLA and will print some nylon mounts shortly… I’ll start a thread if they hold up well.

1 Like

I replaced the Haggy motor mounts and belt drive warp nacelles on the Enterprise with the AVIO MKII gear drive by @avX. This kit rocks! The drive system itself is extremely quiet as expected.

I went on a quick test ride and managed to hit 33 MPH uphill and still had plenty of torque remaining. I rode back home because my taillight battery died and left the board on to look at Metr data. While looking at stats, Bluetooth disconnected and I noticed that the anti-spark switch LED was off. Then I noticed the smell of electronics burning…

I grabbed goggles, gloves, and quickly removed the enclosure and disconnected the Flipsky FSESC 6.6 ejected the warp core.

The battery appears to be ok, but this ESC is FUBAR.

12 Likes

(: Glad you like it.

Good lord, what an emotional rollercoaster of a ride though… what do you think caused it?

2 Likes

Bummer, but I guess could have been worse with battery involvement. Bara is selling a used but good Unity if that’s an option for you.

5 Likes

I’m not sure… I’ve had a lot of weird issues that I assumed were firmware related. Either way the new drive was incredibly smooth… I really like the power band vs my old 4:1 gearing. These motors measure 183 and 185 kv so I expect to cruise at 36-37 MPH.

2 Likes

There’s always a 15T pinion to swap to if you want to go any faster (:stuck_out_tongue:
Hope you get your electronics sorted to get more rides in!

2 Likes

Had I not torn it open quickly it probably would have been much worse. Fortunately, the battery seems to be fine. I’ll replace the charge and discharge cables to be safe along with the BMS.

I’m undecided on ESC replacement… there are some interesting new options to consider now.

5 Likes

I was sure to order those too. :grin::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Chuck the flipsky antispark. That was what drained one of my packs and had an issue where after turning it off via button, the battery indicator takes about 5 seconds to turn off, whereas it would normally shut off a second after the button.

4 Likes

Any recommendations? I was following some promising options but will add an anti spark key regardless of what I use.

And speaking of which, great write-up on the loop keys. :grin:

1 Like

Was this the newest Smart Enhanced one?

So far the most reliable antispark switch that I’ve used besides the loop key is the one from Lunacycle. Its 39 US from their site if I remember correctly. Sorry but I’m on mobile so I cant link it

1 Like

Nope, it’s their cheaper model, and I got it back in mid 2018

1 Like

Oh, good. Because I’m really happy with the new one. Thanks!

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks. This model? https://lunacycle.com/remote-on-off-solid-state-switch/

1 Like