Is jeb or jed? I confuse.

2 Likes

:joy: its Jed. Just having a laugh :call_me_hand:

Oh I see. Sorry.

1 Like

Don’t be sorry, your confusion adds to the hilarity :joy:

What this word mean

1 Like

extreme amusement, especially when expressed by laughter.

5 Likes

Thank you friend.

7 Likes

This is exactly what happened with Kodak back in the day, when digital cameras started being developed, Kodak thought they were a fad and never invested in them. They were one of the first companies to make cameras, and they could have owned the entire market if they had evolved with the times

7 Likes

Really?? Even their wheels?

Not they wheels. But many of the deck is made in china.

1 Like

I would think wheels are different from the analogue and digital spaces… but yes, boosted when escooter instead of AT… major screwup in company direction

2 Likes

That’s the story of Nokia

2 Likes

I do not see the analogy here - boosted was not trumped by a new technology. They still are the name brand for electric skateboards.
This is more of a classic Silicon Valley screwup where a company diversifies and expands too quick, additionally is too confident and not innovative enough about their core line of product, eventually struggling in all lines and then running out of money.

6 Likes

Eh I should have highlighted what I was referring to, I was mainly referring to how boosted has remained stagnant in innovation in general - they didn’t hop on new trends or listen to the community for what they wanted

4 Likes

Because they have investor to listen to not community or what people wanting. :slight_smile: investor say make scooter because is popular.

9 Likes

@bwahl602 gen 1 boosted was my first step into Esk8 too. Still, single most expensive online purchase. I almost got a motorcycle. Alternative universe I suppose.

5 Likes

Does someone has an idea about the Esk8 market size?

Is it in the 10.000s , 100.000 boards/year, more ???

1 Like

It’s just my personal experience about the mountainboard market in the 2000’S (it was “hot” at this time), I realized (too late) that it was basically 10 times smaller that supposed/claimed…

1 Like

Boosted sell more then 30k pieces per year. Evolve is 7k. I track they container movement.

46 Likes

What can’t you do Jeff :rofl:

or maybe this is easy? I have no clue

6 Likes