The End of Boosted?

Indeed if they use higer current batteries the esc and motors overheat much easier.

That remote… Still can’t handle that dual trigger.

5 Likes

with “bigger” batteries comes bigger motors come ESC swap, comes remote swap, shit, it’s a DIY :unamused:

9 Likes

Still in my opinion the coolest deck around. I have a thing for nicely shaped carbon fiber. Wood is just so meh.

2 Likes

The latest boosted boards have really poor quality. From what I have seen and can tell, the wowgo 3x is higher quality than the boosted stealth, and its extremely likely the exway flex will also be higher quality. Boosted doesn’t really have an edge any more, and the customer support has gone down the shitter too according to the boosted subreddit and facebook groups :I

Also the remote is great until you drop it from knee height and the screen falls out @BluPenguin :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

You get TPU sleeves to protect them, which is what I had with my BGT.

If you just stop dropping the remote it works fine.

8 Likes

True, never dropped mine, but it was good peace of mind.

Stubborn (Boosted) CEOs milking the same cow year after year with no range, no big battery, and too expensive. On top of that, entering the Electric Scooter market too late. They went Inboard!

3 Likes

Not surprised.
I noticed the esk8 market is small and demands are small as well.
Demand is low and not every household would like one as something like a TV or Cell phone.
And with rent a scooters its easier for the consumers who dont rely on one everyday. Just to rent one for a bit than owning one, that is for the ones who think they know how to ride.
Ive been in this hobby for 2 years and in my area of Marin. I’ve only seen 8 people on a electric skateboards in that time in my area.
And with tight regulations with scooters and others forms of electric vehicles in other cities and countries doesn’t help. JMO.

2 Likes

Yeah I think if they would offer an AT setup or swappable wheels it would really help. I somewhat regrettably bought their scooter for my commute in Seattle Washington. Not being super great at long boarding I couldn’t rely on riding with thane wheels during our areas non-stop rain. With the fear of riding a board only a few months of the year there isn’t a way I could invest in a commuter vehicle like there boards to get me around the city and the university. I know quite a few people on my campus that are pretty upset they bought one of there boards for commuting around campus but realized it was too dangerous for them to ride in the rain. Plus with the range they offer on there products you want to cry when see reviews of a products like evolve’s gtr lineup.

I don’t think it was just scooters that did boosted in, it was bringing their production in house.

Boosted was one of the first and what brought me to esk8. They have a heavy footed marketing team and a quality product. Boosted was enjoying the spoils of their dominance in the esk8 market when they brought manufacturing in house and added the scooter project. They put a bunch of R&D intro their electronics and features. This was all with great intentions, but while they invested the time to develop [and implement a manufacturing process, develop the gen 3 and stealth boards and develop a scooter], the Chinese esk8 market exploded and is now beating boosted on performance and range as well as coming at a price much more reachable for a bigger market.
Scooters— I live in the city. Most people with scooters have the cheapest shit they can buy. With 15mph speed governors, no one cares about performance scooters.

Boosted going down would be bad for esk8 with little US representation left in that class of boards. Lots of newcomers though

This was just bad vision of the market. Makes me wonder how involved the execs are with esk8

1 Like

I think selling longer range batteries or even lowering the price on their batteries would’ve “boosted” their longevity.

I loved my boosted v2 but for my cruiser needs this revel kit is an upgrade in almost all aspects…considering I have a loaded vanguard laying around.

They not go out of business. Is normal for Silicon Valley. They invest many million but only want billion return. For boosted it get sold to one of bigger distributor company or to factory here who making. We know this factory is very big and could buying this.

14 Likes

Yea well the battery is what? A $300 99wh 12S1P of 2ah cells. And the extended is a $400 12S2P of the same.

That was always going to be the weakness. Then again, in the beginning, riders weren’t trying to fit 90-125mm wheels, making the range problem even worse.

1 Like

But must understanding boosted not sell for feature to customer. It sell for benefit. Customer they sell to not understanding like friend here so they not know about different battery.

They try for be like apple. If you see how sell for android phone is focus for feature. Apple and boosted company only sell for benefit to customer. Is different type of sell.

25 Likes

Oh agreed. And while they will claim in house production was to ensure the best quality control, it was primarily to widen profit margins on components.

1 Like

It was for control supply chain because too expensive for ship all over the world. Also many people not know but loaded is mostly made in China :slight_smile:

15 Likes

I think the main selling point for the current Boosted range is their customer service, to be honest the Chinese companies like Ownboard/Backfire/Wowgo etc won’t be able to match the willingness of Boosted to replace parts for free because their profit margin is much less than Boosted…

Buying Boosted imho is like buying a board with prepaid repair parts, if you board is good and fuss free then good for you and good for Boosted :+1: but if there comes a day you need a part to be replaced then they will send it for free because technically you’ve already paid for it in the initial purchase price :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Jed board taking over 2020! The boosted killer!

14 Likes

You spelled Jeb wrong

3 Likes