The End of Boosted?

Is not so hard :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Thnaks a lot for these numbers!

In the old time, spies tracked the (military) ships leaving harbors…it doesn’t change much.

2 Likes

Haha yea. That’s how I discovered esk8. Found the old builders forum and never purchased. Then again, I easily have that cost into DIY.

It’s kinda hard to bulk at boosteds price when people are shelling out $4k for kaly and lacrois. Then again, there’s a lot more value for the money in those.

If boosted fixed the range, it’s a good board with a devoted following to its ESC.

Bill

5 Likes

I didnt know there is a place that is so detailed? @jeffwuneo

3 Likes

Not everyone have access for this. We ship many large containers by sea, sometimes 500 container. We can logging and check sea freight manifest. It show manifest of which is in there. Is not hard to know how many is move.

18 Likes

he’s a ninja :flushed:

2 Likes

29 Likes

Lol…boosted is listed as a “skatboard”

So fitting

9 Likes

I never checked bigger companies for this. Looks like you can see some info on website like importgenius

5 Likes

Is not difficult for find this information. Boosted is make by Foxconn.

17 Likes

The meepo v3er is half the the price of boosted has more range higher top speed and same charge it also has a handle and more aggressive grip than boosted btw it can climb 30% instead of boosted’s 25%

2 Likes

30% is just a marketing feature, but most hub boards won’t compare to belt motors in term of torque.
A boosted will smoke that meek on a hill.

1 Like

As a meepo owner I would strongly disagree in terms of torque meepo v2/already had boosted beat

4 Likes

Wasnt this still the meepo with their 90mm hubs, basic dual-ownboard-generation-ish ESC, and a 10s 2p pack? If so, imo, Boosted has them beat. My Spuderoo (Predator board hubs + 10s2p 30q) was pretty lacking in torque and I bumped my VESCs higher amp wise than the standard ESC

Though to be fair ive only ridden a boosted once, in NYC :man_shrugging:

To be faaaaaiiirrrrr

3 Likes

New hubs are much stronger

1 Like

Still hub motors though with thin thane sleeves which will never match skateboard wheels.

2 Likes

I’ll fight you on that man board is smooth have over 1000 miles bought in October 2019 haven’t had to replace sleeves yet

1 Like

Impressive. I’m not arguing it isn’t smooth.

Closest match to boosted right now I think is the flex board from exway with the riot belt drive.
Based only on what Adrian Kwan has shown on his youtube channel.
It looks as though exway really copied boosted here very closely but with better range and htd5 belts and matching pulleys.

3 Likes

The exway is an old man board lol