The eBomber | Bustin Sporster | XTLA mounts | SR RKP | eBoosted sporster enclosure MK3 | Maytech 6365 | Bergmeisters

I still cringe every time I see the price of that little thing :laughing:

3 Likes

Kickasstic as usual. Great build mate :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I was thinking, wouldn’t be too hard to redesign and 3D print

1 Like

Amazing skills, very clean job, quite professional, congrats.

I’m intrigued how you connected the battery pack, never seen such a design before, could you explain a little bit how you connected the groups?

1 Like

It’s just a regular flexible battery pack, I used 2 x 14awg wires to connect the pgroups.

2 Likes

Here is small video I did

10 Likes

Ah I see, the red and black wire confused me. It’s just two cables to handle more current. How are you connecting the 6th and 7th groups, with a nickel strip connecting both sides?

1 Like

What weather proof gasket did you use for the enclosure? It looks to be a single piece.

is it available for purchase right now? I wanna buy it but your website only shows the MKI. Thank you

1 Like

Hello, I just uploaded it :slightly_smiling_face:
https://www.eboardsperu.com/product/bustin-sporster-35-mkiii/

@eBoosted still learning the finer points of battery building and wondering why u chose 2 x 14 awg for the series connections? 12s4p 42a would be 120 amps continuous and 2 x 14 awg is only good for ~100 amps. Wouldn’t that pack run a little hot?

According to the Chinese chart shared by McWhat’sHisFace, 14AWG is safe for up to 55.6A, so a total of 111.2A. If one were to use the full potential of the pack, 12AWG would definitely be better, but I guess you’re not losing much by decreasing your settings by a few amps.

@rusins this continuous chart shared by @b264 puts 14awg at 48amps continous. Perhaps that’s a bit conservative especially considering that the wire is only carrying the current such a short distance. For such a high amp pack my inclination would be 3 x 14awg or 2 x 12 awg but would you ever even draw the full 120 continuous? Maybe in bursts…

For the most part we don’t really know. Testing that is pretty difficult but in general, many wires have established amp ratings but those charts are for 1m or sometimes 100m of wire. When you’re only talking about a connection that’s 3 inches long, it’s much higher. The conductor current ratings were expanded to something like 250% of the charted for that reason. But I have a feeling they are still on the conservative side.

1 Like

Nice video do you have any wheel bite with that setup ?

None at all!

Even ground clearance is perfect!

1 Like

Going to make this my first build. I love the Sportster but I don’t ride it much as an acoustic board (prefer my Zenit AB). So this seems like a good project to start with.

2 Likes

This is going to be my first build as well. Just waiting on my battery.

Hello, I’ve been watching this build ever since you posted this in Reddit. I really love the looks on the Bustin Sportster and your build ticks a lot of the boxes I want for my next board. A couple of questions if you have the time:

1. Do you think larger motors will fit? Looking at TB 6374 or even 6380 (have a lot of hills in my area too).
  2. I’m not sure you mentioned your gearing for this (pinion and pulley), if you did I’m sorry I missed it. Just curious what kind of speeds you ended up with your build as well.
  3. Would you recommend the Sportster deck if you’re targeting 45-50kph top speeds?
  4. You mentioned you wish you went for a longer motor mount. Is it due to deck clearance? Would I be able to increase the angle using 63mm TB mounts to better protect the motors from debris, etc or would it hit the deck?

Basically what I want to achieve is:

1. 45-50kph top speed (range doesn’t matter as much to me since my commute is only around 10kms between charges, but of course extra range is always good).
  2. RKP trucks on 6-7 inch pneumatic tires
  3. It’s going to be a street setup so I don’t need the ground clearance to be too high like in AT setups so I was looking at drop decks like the Sportster, but it has to clear some rather high speedbumps at times. You said it clears speed bumps better than your Evolve? If so I think that’s great!
  4. Relatively short length so I can carry it along with other cargo/rideables in my car (the 35" Sportster deck looks about right).

Again, beautiful board! Love you work man! Cheers!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum :call_me_hand:

2 Likes