The Definitive Guide to Metr App / Metr Pro

Oh wow that’s not even that long, I have rides longer than that from carve haha

Haven’t tried to upload them tho

3 Likes

@rpasichnyk Any ideas why merging is broken for some time now?

Thanks

For me the app “freezes” after having not opened in a while, while riding or idling. Needs to be force closed.

2 Likes

Might have too many features or something

1 Like

I will look into it hopefully today. Sorry for inconvenience! Please send logs from Settings → Show Logs (the day you were merging your records).

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Here is a video of it. As you can notice first of all when 2 or more records are selected, the Merge button is still grayed out. Then if I press on it once it becomes white. If I now press it again. One of the records just disappear, or is merged to some other record that I don’t see.

Here is a log as well.

log_2022-08-12.txt (40 KB)

Thanks for looking into this.

1 Like

Would it be different to add the number of satalites to a record? I just went for a ride and my location suddenly changes and I think it’s because there’s no connection (have 5 satalites now, was 15 back in DE) but I’m not sure

So it was a combination of 2 bugs that you experienced:

First bug, when clicked in the checkbox area (1) or record details area (2), the visual effect is the same (record gets selected, checkbox appears). But unfortunately only when clicked in record details area (2) the record is actually selected. This is why “Merge” button stays greyed out, because you clicked on little square. You did nothing wrong, it is just a bug in the app.

Second bug, when you clicked on the “Merge” button while it was still disabled (greyed out), the click event propagated beyond the button and actually selected another record behind it. You can see it in a brief split second.

Which resulted in merging 2 records (one with 5 faults and another which is located behind Merge button).

This explains why resulting record moves down (records are sorted by date), it still has 5 faults.

I hope it explains it. New app version with fixes is coming soon. In the mean time please select records by clicking in the middle of each record (2) and not on a little square (1).

6 Likes

Ahhh that makes sense. I am glad you were able to catch that.

Awesome support as usual.

Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

@rpasichnyk I was wondering what the external antenna for metr pro is called to source more locally. Mine fell off on my last ride and need a new one. I checked your site and shipping for the tiny part was over 6 times the cost of antenna :unamused: can’t justify $40+ for a $5 part. Thank you

SMA 2.4Ghz antenna.

1 Like

Just going to quote this over here in case Roman missed it in the other thread.

Hoping this is an easy fix for you just because I have two boards I need to store for a couple months

1 Like

Foc openloop seems to be broken in the official vesc tool itself. I’ve tried in 5.2 and it didn’t work, Roman i believe tested in on different firmware as well with the same results. Since metr uses the same command as the vesc tool, it has the same result. Broken in vesc = broken in metr.

2 Likes

So you are telling me I need to actually ride these boards to get the battery drained? Pure silliness

Thank you for explaining it. I’m sure you did in the other thread as well, I can be a bit slow sometimes :upside_down_face:

There is a chance. You can try using the foc_openloop command yourself on the desktop. Depending on the firmware you’re using it could work.

1 Like

Huh, I use foc_openloop all the time through the desktop tool on 3.00/5.2 and 3.01/5.3. Have to keep the heartbeat on or it won’t stay on

It does not work on the mobile app, and I use a PPM remote so I can’t use it on the metr app’s discharge feature either. Get an error saying PPM is enabled and I haven’t disabled it because “I don’t want to go into the internals of the electronic components and switch things up”

1 Like

It also depends on hardware. I think foc_openloop stopped working for some VESCs on 5.x but still works for others.

It depends on your PPM receiver. I have Mini remote and Hoyt Puck. For Mini remote it is just enough to power both board and remote off and then just power on the board but leave remote off. Then discharger works. But with Hoyt Puck this trick does not work, I think it’s receiver produces PPM signal even when the puck is powered down.

2 Likes

Could you not make so it just change app to uart or none and once it exit the discharge mode it change the settings back to normal?

3 Likes

Yes, that’s a good idea!

2 Likes

I believe i did that but it didn’t help.