The Definitive Guide to Metr App / Metr Pro

Scratch that, after plugging the metr back into the usplit after pairing, it still seems to not be working, both the green and blue lights are blinking fast, and it just flashes pairing on the metr homescreen permanently

2 Likes

Have you tried to narrow down the combination of devices that cause this issue when plugged into the uSplit? For example, it may be occuring because the communication of the Metr Pro and the iLogger specifically overlap in such a way that the uSplit does not know how to handle it.

Typically if you experience glitchy behavior with the uSplit, it is due to the connected devices communicating in a tricky sequence that I have not observed on my bench and therefore have not protected against. I can only recreate and debug issues like this when I have all of the same devices available, and unfortunately I do not own an iLogger at the moment. I certainly can get one to test with, the need has just not come up yet.

As this is most likely an issue with the uSplit only, I believe it is best we move this conversation to the uSplit thread. Can you continue it there and describe the exact setup you are using including the ESC and the ports that the devices are all conected to whether on ESC or uSplit?

3 Likes

Sure I can try with only the Metr connected and continue the convo over there. I’ve even got the vesc plugged into the computer right now if that’s helpful at all

2 Likes

This is definitely something I can and will test at my bench. The settings read/writes can be tricky for the uSplit to handle because of the long delay between request and response. I had this working before, but maybe later FW updates broke that functionality.

@ShutterShock, Great thanks! That may be helpful depending what we find with the next few debugging steps.

3 Likes

Matt helped me fix it up, turns out I had a uSplit update error. Metr seems to be working great now! Will be going on a ride later today with all data logging recording

4 Likes

Is this to compare logging from the 3 big players (metr, Davega & iLogger? Why are you running all 3?

1 Like

Yes it’s to directly compare data, mostly between ilogger and metr though

Also I feel like davega doesn’t count bc you can’t really create or share logs from it

1 Like

I would argue that Davega also doesn’t count as you can’t use it to change VESC settings.

2 Likes

My street legal profile has low motor and battery current. If I apply a temporary profile it only increases the battery current but not motor current.

Why do temporary metr profiles only change battery current but not motor current? Is this a limitation with VESC temp profiles or could that be changed in the metr software?

i might be confusing it with something else, but in your legal OR unlocked profile you need to change the scaling. One of them needs to have scaling at 0.5. (max current scale)

my temporary mode has scaling at 1, my legal mode has 0.5.

1 Like

Okay so maximum current scale scales motor current?

Without the scaling my unlocked mode keeps the motor current from the legal mode

I am completely unable to access the side menu. swipes do nothing anymore.

Did you do what i showed you? (Go to the quote for a video)

If you are at that point, head into settings - magic - swipe drawer and enable.

Is there a setting to prefer using the auto logger and its GPS instead of the phone? I am losing rides at the moment

If the app is closed the board uses the auto logger just fine, but if I take my phone out and open the app it upload the last rides (love that feature) then it starts logging on the phone and I lose BT at some point then it never starts an auto log so I get a couple seconds of data every few minutes before connection drops again (or I force close the app so I stop getting notifications and it doesn’t auto log)

2 Likes

Yes, please enable Manual Sync

4 Likes

Sweet that is perfect! Thanks!

2 Likes

Anyone else having issue with merging records. Mine just deletes the selected records instead of merging them :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I haven’t tried that recently, but lately my metr app crashes if I disconnect from the board while logging, and you can’t re-open until you restart the board

Also, it consistently measures double distance, but the speed and all the other data is correct. Very weird

1 Like

45km ride, just over 1.5 hours. Surely that isnt too big?

1 Like

Unfortunately it is too big. I will try to do some workaround so that it can be uploaded. Sorry.

1 Like