The Definitive Guide to Metr App / Metr Pro

Here are several output that I made with my E-Foil and each time the recording t Metr.Pro is split into several records!! can you advise me on the parameter what to do in metr.pro to get only one file? Thanks

Settings - records - stop delay. I set that to 1800 (30 min) to have enough time for a break

One thing you can do is merge the recordings.

Go to records - hold one record until it gets highlighted, then select others you want to combine and tap “merge” in the bottom right. In older firmware i believe you had to swipe on the records, then select merge, just fiy.

Hope that helps in some way.

A cut off connection could also result in a stopped recording i believe? (It’s been a long while since i had a disconnect so i would ask @rpasichnyk to confirm or deny that claim)

4 Likes

As someone mention my Metr also stops recording in the midle of the ride and starts recording again, sometimes several times in the same ride and sometimes i also loose big parts of the ride.
Another thing, everytime i try to merge records i loose one of the records, i have to undo merge quick so i don’t loose it.
This didn’t happened before.

@Manu39 @RuiCalheiros do you have regular Metr Pro or Metr Pro CAN with SD card?

I have the Metr Pro Can with SD card and GPS with inside antenna.

I have the Metr Pro Can with SD card and GPS with Out antenna

Great, I am working on a new option for always on SD card recording. This way you will be able to occasionally check realtime data on your phone without interrupting records. I believe this is where frustration comes from. Currently if you open Metr app and connect to the module, it will stop current record and will automatically begin a sync process. This was the simplest solution, but not optimal for every use case.

4 Likes

I just came back from a 19 kms 300 E-Foil trip and this is what Mert-Pro can recorded for me:

I specify that the phone is in the waterproof compartment of the Foil in the same place as the Met.Pro module…
You can see that on 15/05 the output was recorded in one piece…Why I don’t know and it’s the only time it happened.
An idea to solve the problem ???

I thought that could be the problem, connecting the phone in the midle of a ride, so last time i didn’t connected the phone and the same thing happened, it made 2 records and at the same time i lost around 15 minutes of the ride. :thinking:

would it be possible to have a “privacy mode” where I could input my address and have metr not track rides within a specified or random distance around that address? so I can share rides online without doxxing myself

3 Likes

Geofencing

1 Like

Hello,
on my E-Foil I have 2 masts, one equipped with direct drive and the second mounted on a reducer… the first has a propeller with a left pitch and the second with a right pitch… My question / I can’t find the option in Metr.pro can to reverse the direction of rotation of the propeller on the ground depending on the mast I’m using.
Am I looking wrong or would there be an option to add?
Thanks

You can try open Expert and type “Invert” in the search bar, then flip the switch “Invert Motor Direction”, then hit “Write”. Would that work?

Thank you,
I didn’t see the button to change…
I’ll test it on my next trip and let you know.

1 Like

Well, I just tested metr again. Pro can with the update and the phone in the same compartment as the metr.pro and again no registration :rage::thinking::thinking::thinking: help me please … Thank you

Édit :

Actually if I have a record but the date doesn’t match and no mileage , mph which should be in km/h doesn’t match and consumption in w/mi which should be in w/km seems to me :scream::scream::scream:

https://metr.at/r/UyIdM

https://metr.at/r/QNRBY

1 Like

Just installing an old standard Metr Pro into a new board, with uSpit, iLogger, and DaVega.

Wanted to point out that pairing of the Metr Pro is super glitchy/doesn’t work when plugged into the ESC and uSplit, had to plug into just the ESC in order to upgrade firmware and pair properly

I don’t really know if this is an issue but that’s how it was for my setup.

@rpasichnyk @Ricco

2 Likes

Most likely an issue with usplit, it makes remotes and such pretty glitchy too. Usplit has seemed to be glitchy with anything that sends data back upstream to the VESC in my experience.

1 Like

You’re not supposed to use it with remotes…

1 Like

True but I tested it out to see where the usplit had issues. I got both the VX2 and VX3 to work, but as I said, glitchy with anything that send data upstream, like throttle control. Also when I had my metr.pro plugged into it, even with a basic Flipsky BT module on the other side expert mode kept failing to read/write settings.

1 Like