The Definitive Guide to Metr App / Metr Pro

Is there anyway to change from Kph to Mph for my logs? Can’t seem to find the setting if any.

it’s there in settings just keep looking

1 Like

Checked and I have it switched to imperial already.

Oh why would you want that? I thought you were stuck with SAE and you needed metric.

Because merica land of the free home of the toaster strudel.

Need help, i dont find how to have “dual” log (wh/km & motor A) with my dv6 pro, everything works fine but i have to x2 all data
Which setting have i missed ?

It should work automatically (no need to modify any settings). If you might have changed some settings and don’t remember what you changed you can open Metr app and go to Settings → Reset settings, then force close the app.

1 Like

Hello, i went to the metr store to get the full package with LTE and GPS but the GPS is not available (chip shortages?). When will they be available again?

Is there a way of reading out data from the metr, what i want to do is to get a live feed of the gps speed and motor rpm and use this as input to an arduino for control of a stepper or servo.

Electronics and programming… not my cup of tea yet, so i guess it might be a simple question, if the answer is already out there then please point me in the right direction…

Just set up the D75 with my metr didn’t change any metr settings and I seem to have issues with expert mode. Sometimes is doesn’t see the other side at all, sometimes it’s like this where it reads that it’s a dual but I can’t use expert mode, and rarely does it actually work correctly. Never had this issue with the DV6+ or DV6.

Also when using TCP bridge and connecting to VESCtool I can’t get anything on the CAN-bus at all. Only tried that once though.

1 Like

Both sides have same can id. Change the vesc id in app config in vesc tool for one side.

3 Likes

I was going crazy with foc_openloop not working – there seems to be a bug where the throttle being enabled causes it to go back to zero duty cycle. When I wanted to use it, I would update App SettingsADCGeneralControl Type to Off (instead of my normal Current Blah Blah).

1 Like

You hear a lot about eskate vendors being unreliable in terms of delivery fulfillment, customer service, lack of documentation, hell there’s a whole category for product warnings and a long thread dedicated to vendor issues. I just felt compelled to mention that my experience with Metr has been flawless, good communication, had some questions and they were answered much quicker than can be reasonably expected and with perfect clarity. 10/10 experience.

5 Likes

Is motor current shown in the logs the sum of both motor’s, an average or only the motor current from the vesc directly connected to the metr.

I have a unity metr, and two single vescs connected over can.

It depends on what you have selected. Stock should be combined i think.

1 Like

@rpasichnyk
Bug report: the add menu in the real-time screen is cutoff in landscape mode. I can’t access the first settings. Testen on iPhone 6s plus and 13 pro max.

1 Like

Yup, scrolling is disabled for me in landscape.

Android

1 Like

I have not taken care of landscape mode enough, @janpom will not be happy.
Thanks, will have a look!

1 Like

Im using it as a Display for my e bike but I can’t access Ah spent because it’s the first one on the list.

4 Likes

I have a few metr devices that are linked together in the account section of the app/website

If I were to give one of them away, how do I unlink it and transfer those records so they stay on my account?

1 Like

This is not possible, at least there is no easy way of doing it. But it can be done with some file manipulation.

• unlink Metr Pro
  • connect it to another phone with fresh Metr app
  • sync all the records
  • every record is stored in application document folder in 2 parts, *.r and *.s file. Those both files are JSON format
  • find metrProId in both *.r and *.s files and replace it with another value from your other module
  • connect your other module and sync all the records
2 Likes