The Definitive Guide to Metr App / Metr Pro

I did the metr update that was supposed to fix the Landscape issue a few days ago but sadly it didn’t change anything for me.

1 Like

Screenshot please!

2 Likes

Thanks, I fixed it in another place, but I missed this one, fix coming soon!

3 Likes

It’s working now. Thank you so much. That’s why I recommend metr to everyone using vesc.

3 Likes

Anyone else’s Metr just stop working completely? Idk if there was an app update or what but neither of my Metr will connect now… Didn’t change anything

It won’t even find them if you re-scan

1 Like

Sorry for that. Looks some things got broken when upgrading to new Android SDK. I am fixing it!

3 Likes

I know this is going to sound slightly selfish - but is there any chance you can send or post the previous version APK? I really need my metr to work on Thursday and Friday for some content I’m filming

It’s completely unusable now and I guess my app was on auto update or something

Here is APK with the fix, please try it: https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/04cCwX_luwkZH4hwrmSSOGPlg#metr_4.19. It is currently pending review on Google Play.

2 Likes

It appears to have worked, thanks a lot!

4 Likes

Are there any symbols for the persistent notification that are not used by default? I would love to be able to add the connection status to the notification so that I can make sure the Metr is actually still connected to the phone at a glance.

This is what I mean:
Battery: {bat};Avg: {avgCons};Trip: {trip};Avg: {avgSpd};T ESC {tEsc};T MOT {tMot};Voltage: {volt};Speed: {spd};Current: {curr};Motor: {motCurr};Ah: {ah};Wh: {wh}

Also is there any estimate for when the SD card modules will be back in stock?

1 Like

I will try to add that, should be easy!

SD modules should be back in a few weeks.

1 Like

I have the garmin Venu Sq and wanted to get the watch app, but it looks like the Sq isn’t supported :confused: Any chance you might be able to add that watch easily?

1 Like

Please give it a try!

3 Likes

Working beautifully :heart_eyes: thank you!

1 Like

UPDATE: I fixed the issue by changing the CAN ID on the BMS from the default of 10 to 11.

I wanted to try connecting my Ennoid BMS to Metr, it’s having some issues :grimacing: this is what the RT screen looks like

When I go to the Expert tab for the Ennoid BMS it says that firmware 5.4 isn’t supported. I saw in the X-LITE thread that other users were able to get it to work…

1 Like

Can you please open Metr → Settings → Show logs → select day when you recorded this video, and send to support@metr.at ?

Thanks for the log files! Metr Pro still uses DieBieMS protocol and not VESC BMS protocol. Can you please check this post and change to the old protocol on BMS?

2 Likes

I injured my wrist a few days ago so it’ll be a little while before I can open it back up to try changing the protocol. But I was wondering, do you have plans to implement the VESC BMS protocol into Metr? It would be really excellent to be able to track the BMS through Metr while preserving the connection to VESC.

Another question, I was excited to get it set up in the first place because I wanted to see how the Metr would prioritize conflicting info from the VESC. My little FOCer isn’t calibrated well and reads about 1.1V lower than it should, so when my 19s battery is full, it only reads 78.7V. It throws off the SoC and range estimates a lot. It would be really amazing if the Metr could only show SoC and voltage data from the BMS which has coulomb counting and configurable voltage factors.

I changed the “load status protocol” from VESC to Ennoid/DieBieMS and it’s still having the same issue. I rebooted both the VESC and BMS and re seated the cables a few times.

I’m sure there’s something I could have done wrong with the setup… The same thing has happened with two different Ennoid BMSs and two different Metr modules (upgraded to the SD card version). But the BMS was working normally with VESC tool when it was plugged in to CAN.