The Definitive Guide to Metr App / Metr Pro

Phone is not on power saving.
Same setup.

Randomly does not show gos or erpm speed

Any suggestions? Running og metr pro. Samsung note 20.
Jan 1, 2023 - metr.at | 0getq. Working speed
Jan 2, 2023 - metr.at | R1Ud2. No speed working.

What esc? Some newer hv escs have been showing intermittent uart stuff

My metr can isn’t seeing the second ESC, troubleshooting suggestions?

The second ESC is definitely connected, motors still run

Are your VESC IDs different?

Yeah, rewrote them as 0 and 1 a while back

After reconnecting it had both again but the log shows only the one motor

Do you have “split logs” enabled?

1 Like

Where is that?

I swear it was a setting somewhere but now I just can’t seem to find it

@rpasichnyk Got a feature request here to toss in your backlog:

It’d be rather cool to have metr detect that the phone is nearby enough and, if not, go into some kind of slow-halt-resist mode. Like, if the PEV is moving, just remove motor power. If/when the bike is at zero speed, short the motor phases so the PEV is super hard to roll. (Maybe metr can’t do that on it’s own, but even just the “no motor” would be awesome.) A bluetooth tether, in effect.

2 Likes

Would anybody happen to know of an American source for a 4pin JST PH to GH connector? The one used to connect the metr CAN to a vesc

If you have a fall and smash your phone
If your phone battery dies

…you can’t get home?

1 Like

What, you don’t have two phones?

Jokes aside, depending on how it’s implemented, disconnecting the metr could potentially prevent the hold/resist behavior.

But also – what if you crash and your throttle shatters? Or your battery pops a weld? Or you simply (and far more likely) blow a tire and didn’t bring a spare? Snapped a belt? There’s tons of failures that’ll sink a ride and have you Uber’ing a truck home. That doesn’t make this a bad idea, sheesh.

1 Like

It was a question not a statement. However I’ll play. The specific situation where your phone dies…your board is no longer operable, by the idea that is not really refutable ergo you are worse off then when you left with no component of the board at fault.

Maybe with a ‘buddy’ Metr in range it could be allowed to continue. There, trying to help your idea not fall off the precipice of it’s own making.

I said making, not something else that came to mind :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Just to add what happened to me: seize up a motor on a gear drive.

No way to make that roll. Gotta carry it.

Small feature request: minimum speed to start a ride log.

I use Metr Can with the SD card, and have auto ride logging on. My current problem is that when I commute via train or bus, sometimes my board moves around, which means the wheels spin, and Metr thinks I’m starting a ride. The ride start timeout prevents this to an extent, but I still get small blobs of data in my records when I wasn’t actually riding the board.

Example of such a log, in fact a particularly bad one:

Theoretically, my board could be constantly sliding up and down the storage compartment for a whole hour, so no time-delay based method of detecting when a ride is starting would work.

Hence, I’d like the ability to set a minimum speed value X (like 10km/h) that I must be riding at or above for at least Y seconds, for Metr to consider it an actual ride that it should log. Likewise, if I haven’t explicitly ended a ride, but my speed is below some value Z for an extended period of time, I would like Metr to consider the ride ended, and trim the end of the log, like it already does.

Please and Thank you Roman :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Currently it is hardcoded:

if (_rpm > 100 || _rpm < -100) {
    _lastMoveRt = now;

But I will make it configurable so you can experiment.

2 Likes

After swapping from 2x Trampa ESCs to a Stormcore 60D+, Metr Can says it cannot detect my ESC. Do any of these settings look wrong? :thinking:

I tried swapping CAN_L and CAN_H wires, but nothing changed.

1 Like

5V on stormcore is too weak. Take 5V from another source (PPM or UART)

Wow, that did indeed fix it. Thanks!

1 Like

Would it be possible to store a couple firmware files on the Metr CAN SD card?

Doing this might alleviate some of the issues people have been having where firmware uploads time out over Bluetooth without them having to open up their boards. If the files are stored on the SD card, they’d theoretically transfer at the same speed as over USB.