The Definitive Guide to Metr App / Metr Pro

i assume this is good? they are all the same yeah?

where do you buy yours?

And as for the antenna, i’d love a right-angle one. What should i look for?

Yes, that adapter looks good.

For the antenna it is important that it is 2.4Ghz. You probably want a matching RP-SMA connector. For example this one should work.

We buy large quantities from aliexpress vendor

2 Likes

Does anyone have a solution to this or experience it? This just happened to me yesterday a few times before my ride

1 Like

Can you find the log in the application folder and send to support@metr.at? The log file for each day is different and has date as filename, for example log_2020-12-17.txt

1 Like

Last question @rpasichnyk😅

I need an RP-SMA or SMA?
What’s the difference?
Adafruit says they are not compatible, if I use for example, an RP-SMA antenna and a SMA cable.

The antenna you linked is RP-SMA and the cable I linked is SMA.

Sorry !:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Please have a look at that picture. You need them from the same type.
We are using SMA for our external antennas, so the pin on the antenna part.

2 Likes

I think so, would you just want all of the recent ones? I could try and identify what specific rides it was but I deleted one or two of them since they were empty

I want just one and approximate time when it happened. I want log file, not record file.

1 Like

Alright I will try and get that to you.

My friends board ended our ride with a DRV error and a dead ESC half so that sucked. Haven’t looked at his log file

Hey! I was wondering if we could still modify our all-time data? It used to be on the main menu after clicking the green flashing connected button, but now, I can’t seem to find it anywhere.

No sir. They’re calculated since the latest update.

3 Likes

ah :frowning:
@rpasichnyk please make the lifetime ride distance editable again :slight_smile: ?

No. But if you really want to, you can edit one of your record summary (*.s) file in metr documents folder using plain text editor. This is JSON file. Modify distance value (in meters)

3 Likes

I’m not 100% sure why you’d want to edit the lifetime miles but this is a good workaround

1 Like

I was using another bluetooth module before the metr, so in the metr app, I added my initial total mileage to have my board’s data in one place to make it easier to follow.
Then, sometimes the auto record feature doesn’t work for me, so I also add the distance from my Davegax that record the ride.
But that’s a nice workaround and I’ll try to use that!

2 Likes

Yeah I tend to not trust it to start automatically, but most of the time it does. The auto pause-restart feature works great tho. Lately I just hit start recording manually when I start recording with Strava

1 Like

okay so ahaha

what MHF connecter should i get :joy:
the amount of options are endless it’s so confusing… all this because i put hotglue it the wrong place lol

Its an u.FL connector.
I guess it is compatible with IPEX MHF/MHF2, but I don’t really get the difference between these.

1 Like

@rpasichnyk @hexakopter

Hey guys, is there anyway to figure out the point interval a log was recorded looking at the log files? on .r I have start and end time, but I didn’t figure out what that represents, is that seconds from a arbitrary reference time that is “0” seconds?

Thanks

Look at elapsed array. The values are in milliseconds. Start and end are unix time (milliseconds since epoch)

2 Likes