The Carver... My final frontier

Exactly how I break a rivet master link too. Grind pins flat first.

2 Likes

Ok…

So going back to belts…

There were no actual issues with the chain set up.
Worked fine.

But for whatever reason the vibe of the chain did not seem right for this board so the noise and look started bugging me.

So again… No real issue I just wanted belts on this board.

The original issue was the belt skipping on the 12 tooth pulleys so to go back to belts I needed mounts with idlers.

So I went with the IdeaTB v7.8 with the fixed crossbars.

Again @IDEA gorgeous work.

Also using IdeaTB 72 tooth pulleys which is what was on here before the chain.

The IdeaTB mounts are a little bit longer than the EBS ones.

The EBS mounts performed really well and never budged. They have 4 set screws vs just 2 and a larger contact patch on the axle.
So they are really nice but no room for an idler.

The IdeaTB mounts assembled easily and I think they look pretty nice.

So I am happy with the look of the board.
But I still need to take it out to see how the belt and idlers will perform.

I am curious How efficiency will change if at all.
Chain was better for a few runs and then ended up at 30wh/mile like the belts were.

14 Likes

Looking amazing, really nice setup :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Wow great thread!
Nice to see your progress and change and the changes you made during the never ending quest lol

She looks nice and clean bro.
Very sleek.

Thanks for sharing! :+1:

Xtra

1 Like

I appreciate it dude.
Really the thing is how great this board rides.
This deck and the matrix trucks is magical combo and I live it more every time I step on it.

2 Likes

So.
I have been wanting to try the 110s on the Haero since I first saw the skatekastle post on the Facebook.

But have been struggling to find an economical way to try.

But this seems decent.

You guys seen any one running thane on their carvers?

I’m going to try to tag the dude with the Flux build that he replaced the axles on the matrix trucks.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Dude.
Tell me more about what it is like riding this?

Looks so dope.

@wapkoen

1 Like

I wish I had much to say. But with wet weather and me moving I haven’t had time to ride it more than my first short test run.

And I don’t carve hard, I mostly just swerve lightly :joy:

Board felt fantastic though. Heavy at 17kgs. Like a tank. Tracks nice and controllable.

Yellow bushings front and orange in the back with no preload was a little to soft for me. So I tightened those up a tad. I might need to try a different mix of harnesses. Well see where I end up.

Metr log if interested

4 Likes

So as per usual a couple hiccups.

Yet another board that is too low.

What would Jesus do?

Do I slap some giant risers on here?
Do I move the trucks to the inner holes?
Do I shit can the whole idea?
Do I do a whole different build around these bearings?

Fuck a duck.

11 Likes

Jesus would get adjustable baseplates :rofl: but dude so cool though :star_struck: @kook :arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up:

3 Likes

Dat’s a LowBoy Raph!!!

:eye: :eye: :dash:

3 Likes

Do you have any riser/rubber pad? That’s low, but that’s the Haero’s specialty. Inner holes should raise it up a bit, but I thinks you’ll need more. Would be nice if the enclosure was at the same height as the hanger…

1 Like

Yeah.
I think what I will try next is both moving it in and adding another of the regular MBS riser. I have one riser now on the outer position.
I wonder if that will be enough…

Hope so, anything beyond that probably isn’t worth it. Looks bangin’ though.

RAF, you’re a machine!

I love the commitment of a build based around a special set of bearings… :rofl:

3 Likes

Well.

I kind of think this might work.

A little scraping here and there I could live with.

It is raining today so I can’t go actually carve outside. But it looks promising

And I think it actually looks better with these wheels with the trucks in the inner position.

6 Likes

How you liking this setup?

On the fence on going a very similar route with spare parts lol. Trampa carver deck I have left over feels too bouncy with the matrix trucks and bindings and from riding the xl kaly deck for a while now.

2 Likes

Dude… unfortunately the set up ended up not working. I ran into an issue with the bearings. So I went back to the 8 inch tires.

1 Like

What happened to the bearings?

1 Like