Any p42a cell users out there?

That’s awesome! I was here or rather then THERE when I got my first single board. Then I saw the Raptor 2 and I knew them hub motors and 10S4P pack would have tons of problems. It was basically DOA. Guessing that’s why he went belly up. Or stole peeps cash.

back on topic…
4wd 12s4p P42As 120 battery amps 30 a motor

4 Likes

what motor? And what enclosure is that!? I just checked my current setup with battery weight. 45g vs P42A’s 70g. 10S4P HG2s = 1800grams vs 10S3P P42As = 2100grams. Difference is 300grams or 0.66lbs only. Not bad at all!

It’s an @eBoosted enclosure for a Century 40, 4 direct-drive motors prolly burn the pavement with 97mm 'thane or 145mm widened metro pneummies

1 Like

only 13/64 deci-inches of risers needed :nerd_face:

2 Likes

nah

me n’ @rafaelinmissouri

are making a run for the bottom…
the weighted goal is 5 sheets of paper street clearance

:wink: :unicorn: :dash:

3 Likes

or maybe i run 110s… jajajajajajaja
isn’t that like…

:call_me_hand:t4: :call_me_hand:t4: :call_me_hand:t4:

The tray/enclosure don’t scrape with a hard lean??? What are the advantages of such a low-riding board? I’m eager to try one out!

I dont think this will work :sweat_smile: but looks tight

1 Like

I think Raph modeled it off a parking lot sweeper

:thinking: :crazy_face: :call_me_hand:t4:

2 Likes

esk8’ers use batteries too. :grin:
Trying to learn enough to start building my own board soon.

9 Likes

Let me know if you need an enclosure or have any questions, I’d love to help the king of batteries on act of gratitud on it’s first build!

11 Likes

Wow, thank you so much!
I’ve been checking out different decks, trying to get an idea of what I want to buy. I’ll definitely PM you with a couple of questions.

5 Likes

with that P42A out for awhile now, do you think the life cycle would be shorter than that of the 40T because of the higher amp they can put out? I also liked Molicel because they are made in Taiwan (and we all know they aren’t China). Thanks again Mooch and hopefully you can show us your first board!

They perform about the same and run at about the same temperatures so any cycle life difference would be more related to the quality/purity of the materials and the cell’s internal construction. Unfortunately, they are tested for cycle life under very different conditions. We can’t compare the results and we just don’t know (yet) which would last longer under the same conditions.

5 Likes

Mine has been up and running for a couple weeks now 12s4p p42a dual 6374 unity 30 plus mile range

1 Like

how? I’m running the same battery with 6380s and I can’t get 20 miles. What’s your wh/m? What speed do you ride at to get 30 mile+ range?

Thane, I’ll bet.

1 Like

Where do you set your cutoffs?
You can run them a bit lower on pneumatics to account for sag, with the condition that you should not try to run it completely flat, until the wheels stop spinning with you on.
Let’s say 3.3v/cell start 2.8/cell end. You will absolutely know when the battery is dead and will never reach under 3.0v/cell normally

Also, the type of tyres, pressure, roads make a massive difference. Maybe 25% of the consumption even

I run 8" pneumatics. I do not want my cells below 3v ever. @Hicklinc must be running thane. Even at a slow pace im barely under 30wh/m. when I’m riding fast I’ll hit 80+wh/m

3 Likes